Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: Bro-Culture

Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:28 am

Damn y’all see the vid of some kids in Pennsylvania kicking a wounded deer and ripping its antlers off while it’s still alive, and then posting it to social media?

Is this bro culture or future Dahmer shit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:14 pm

Bro-life...dominating the woods...bro!
Dominate The Skies.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Bro-Culture

Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:45 pm

After watching the first 4 seconds of the video (no need to watch any more than that), and im just playing armchair psychologist here, these two boys are 100% gay with eachother, and this behavior is an expression of the anger and bitterness of having to live a life of repressed homosexual feelings.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:07 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:After watching the first 4 seconds of the video (no need to watch any more than that), and im just playing armchair psychologist here, these two boys are 100% gay with eachother, and this behavior is an expression of the anger and bitterness of having to live a life of repressed homosexual feelings.

I think you've unlocked the root of Bro-Culture. It's generally some sort of failed attempt/seeking/longing for approval. It might not be the gay thing entirely, maybe dad didn't hug them enough or give them a high five, Santa didn't get them the Thomas the Tank Engine toy, who knows.

What I do know is on the FBook MN Waterfolwers Exchange page, you can pick up a boat with Black Death mud motor and Grind Fest Texas rigs..... people been killing sh!t for 10,000 years, then suddenly, we need to ratchet up the drama faster than kids are becoming obese.

Might not be that complicated. Could just be the Dude's version of that sh!t women do with pictures when they put dog ears and noses on them.

I'm thinking there's a market opportunity though: A "Go-Bro" camera with a filter that adds ducks and elements you need to feel bad ass: blizzards, rain/lightening, etc. It can edit your camo so you can choose to be Sitka or Walmart depending on the day/crowd/pro-staff you're on. When you take a shot of you holding out your hand, depending on hand position, it will place a duck by species according to your hand position: palm up belly pose, thumb and fore finger bill hold, swirl your arm in a circle and a 'duck' will get it's neck twisted. You can also add lanyards with various calls for pro-staff cred AND select number of bands with a customized goose:duck ratio.

In my whitest Daman Wayans.... Bro-money, Bro-money, Bro-money!

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:36 pm

lanyard wrote:[quote="Drunk_Dynasty"]After watching the first 4 seconds of the video (no need to watch any more than that), and im just playing armchair psychologist here, these two boys are 100% gay with eachother, and this behavior is an expression of the anger and bitterness of having to live a life of repressed homosexual feelings.

I think you've unlocked the root of Bro-Culture. It's generally some sort of failed attempt/seeking/longing for approval. It might not be the gay thing entirely, maybe dad didn't hug them enough or give them a high five, Santa didn't get them the Thomas the Tank Engine toy, who knows.

What I do know is on the FBook MN Waterfolwers Exchange page, you can pick up a boat with Black Death mud motor and Grind Fest Texas rigs..... people been killing sh!t for 10,000 years, then suddenly, we need to ratchet up the drama faster than kids are becoming obese.

Might not be that complicated. Could just be the Dude's version of that sh!t women do with pictures when they put dog ears and noses on them.

I'm thinking there's a market opportunity though: A "Go-Bro" camera with a filter that adds ducks and elements you need to feel bad ass: blizzards, rain/lightening, etc. It can edit your camo so you can choose to be Sitka or Walmart depending on the day/crowd/pro-staff you're on. When you take a shot of you holding out your hand, depending on hand position, it will place a duck by species according to your hand position: palm up belly pose, thumb and fore finger bill hold, swirl your arm in a circle and a 'duck' will get it's neck twisted. You can also add lanyards with various calls for pro-staff cred AND select number of bands with a customized goose:duck ratio.

In my whitest Daman Wayans.... Bro-money, Bro-money, Bro-money![/quote]

That go bro app would make you millions, and all because not enough parents tell their kids it’s okay to be gay.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:54 pm

I picked up a bunch more Sitka stuff at 60% off. I wouldn't pay full price for their stuff but at 50-60% off, which is the most I have ever paid for Sitka gear, it is priced about right in my opinion. Might even buy their waders next year during the sale if the reviews are good and repair fees have been reasonable for those that have tried them. Super bro of the year award?

JayRo
Coot Commander

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:27 pm

Nershi wrote:I picked up a bunch more Sitka stuff at 60% off. I wouldn't pay full price for their stuff but at 50-60% off, which is the most I have ever paid for Sitka gear, it is priced about right in my opinion. Might even buy their waders next year during the sale if the reviews are good and repair fees have been reasonable for those that have tried them. Super bro of the year award?

That is my response anytime someone asks me if it is worth the money. At full retail? Hell no. But anyone paying full retail either is not paying attention or has too much disposable income.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:29 pm

I know a lot of dudes who walk into Scheels or Reeds and pay $550 for a Hudson jacket. Wild shit to me but some dudes really wanna put the hardcore dude uniform on.

Mallard_maniac
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:12 pm

^^^^ Just through my rose colored glasses but in my world, I see a lot of people making more money and having disposable income but much, much less time. So it's nothing for these guys to walk into a store and drop that kind of coin on sitka gear only to weaar it once or twice a year.

Maybe it's a ton of credit card debt but the way I've seen acquaintances spend in the last 5-10yrs I genuinely believe they have the money and nothing better to spend it on.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:15 pm

Mallard_maniac wrote:Maybe it's a ton of credit card debt but the way I've seen acquaintances spend in the last 5-10yrs I genuinely believe they have the money and nothing better to spend it on.

I'm going to go with the credit card debt, my wife worked in banking for quite some time and she told me once about credit card debt, we were talking bout credit card debt and she told me " you have no idea what some people are in debt to credit card companies "not all but a good chunk of them.....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”