Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: 2020 Duck Season

Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:52 am

Hansen wrote:The Southern Split doesn't work for dudes in Marshall, Tracy etc unless the fall is warm. Most shallow potholes are frozen by the 10th of November. It works in eastern MN. It works for me because I have access to a creek that hold mallards and takes a lot of cold to freeze.

I don't think a state can have more than 3 zones. I could be wrong.

Simple, the central zone absorbs the Southern zone, leaving option for third zone to be a river zone. Hastings down to IA, ten to maybe fifteen miles of land from river in zone....call 'er good.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:20 am

Fish Felon wrote:
Hansen wrote:The Southern Split doesn't work for dudes in Marshall, Tracy etc unless the fall is warm. Most shallow potholes are frozen by the 10th of November. It works in eastern MN. It works for me because I have access to a creek that hold mallards and takes a lot of cold to freeze.

I don't think a state can have more than 3 zones. I could be wrong.

Simple, the central zone absorbs the Southern zone, leaving option for third zone to be a river zone. Hastings down to IA, ten to maybe fifteen miles of land from river in zone....call 'er good.

I can live with that. I don't think our MN DNR is that creative. The split should be 5 days long.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:09 am

The DNRs fear is that it'll concentrate way too many hunters in the SE zone. That's what I was told, as I proposed that years ago already.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:21 pm

Everyone proposed that years ago already.

It's the only open water in the picking State, that's what concentrates the hunters.

There will be a few with fields near large reservoirs that will piss and moan, but most hunters lack access to those areas.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:52 am

lanyard wrote:It's the only open water in the picking State, that's what concentrates the hunters.

For sure, all 46 guys still out hunting.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:55 am

Fish Felon wrote:
lanyard wrote:It's the only open water in the picking State, that's what concentrates the hunters.

For sure, all 46 guys still out hunting.

If reports from other groups are any indication, it's a bit more than that OR they're just whinier phuck hunters than the rest, which is a feat in itself. It would appear the bro-guide turf wars are fairly fierce.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:53 am

I haven't hunted the river all that much but I'd say if anything contributes to increased pressure it's WI. The river to them is their Western flyway.....it'S their holy grail.

So that wouldn't surprise me....a bunch of MN idiots trying to block out MN hunters, willing to screw up the hunting for the entire Southern part of the state to do it, only to have the real issue be a bunch of dorks from the land of beer and cheese.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:15 am

The river is always crowded. Always!
Dominate The Skies.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”