emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: Maplelakeduckslayer's Woodie Camp for Daytraders

Mon May 18, 2020 7:46 pm

My dad is pretty good at this stuff and retired at age 53,12 years ago. Once he retired he played dumb and met with a bunch of the financial guys around town because he was sick of looking at it and wanted more free time. Only 2 guys in town he would let manage his money when it was all said and done.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 18, 2020 9:41 pm

quite the selloff today mentioned as a short
shop1.png

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon May 18, 2020 10:10 pm

StuStiltman wrote:so.....for a layman, is putting money in a target date retirement fund a solid move? Obviously (I’m assuming) not maxing every dollar, but good enough?

I mean what's your annual return? And you are contributing out of every paycheck I assume. What if you contributed nothing and got 100% annual gains paying nothing for the gains?

Like a Roth IRA...you pay taxes on the money you contribute not on qualified withdrawals of gains or contributions. So say you pay taxes on $30k worth of contributions and then you trade the account yourself for 100% returns annually. In 5 years you'd have nearly a million and you only paid taxes on 30k...and no fees to pay to bankers.

Now obviously when your account gets to a certain level it's going to be more difficult to achieve 100% gains annually. It's pretty easy to see the point I'm making though right? That if you can learn this and achieve consistent gains yourself the benefits are exponential. Even if it took you 30 years to grow 30k to a million...you only paid taxes on 30k. You didn't pay bankers. And you didn't have part of your paycheck taken every week to contribute

The whole point I'm trying to make here is financial markets and the entire industry surrounding it is fubared and designed to put money in everyone else's pockets but yours

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 19, 2020 8:46 am

Just entered this swing yesterday morning at .597 and locked gains over .64...may reenter. 8% gain just like that :D
htbx.png

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 19, 2020 9:13 pm

Massive move today from yesterdays entry at .597. Absolutely beautiful. i did sell early but its ok theres plenty more
htbx.png

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue May 19, 2020 9:30 pm

NBRV...another pdufa play. FDA supposed to decide if they approve drug June 19. Typically these will run uo to that date. However...this one is a bit riskier as at their earnings they said the fda was unable to inspect their manufacturing facilities due to covid. This could impact that pdufa date it hard to say...so ill just play smaller size and take gains quicker in case it tanks on a delay
nbrv.png

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed May 20, 2020 10:29 pm

Slowly adding OSMT...it's a bit early for run up to start but I'm really digging this chart. Will continue adding slow probably while watching how it trades.

Nursing NBRV currently in at .6529. Will add some more on a drop .60-.62 but as I said I'm not playing this one huge as they threw out the tidbit about FDA not able to inspect their facilities.

ACST has a meeting with the FDA slated 2nd half of June...it's interesting they failed phase 3 trial and price tanked but then they found discrepancy in how trial was executed... basically they feel they didn't actually fail the trial the placebo had incredibly high effects, off the charts. This is being discussed with FDA. So if anything positive comes from this meeting could rocket. Again you just play the run up... people are expecting there should be positive news from this meeting. So it should run up to it. No entry yet and I'll post a chart tomorrow maybe...just watching for now

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu May 21, 2020 9:23 pm

I took small gains on both osmt and nbrv today about 3-4% each...ahead of a long weekend (no trading Monday) a lot of times there's selloffs ahead of time. There's plenty of time to jump back in osmt ...and nbrv...I dunno I'm watching the orders go through on it I'm iffy... almost seems like shorts are loading ahead of bad news. They gave that detail on the FDA so...for now I closed out. It did get some decent action end of day so if could pop tomorrow we'll see maybe I made a mistake... although any time you sell and have a gain it's not really a mistake you are doing what 90% of people can't do consistently...always remember that

Capital preservation is your #1 duty...if something don't feel right just get out and trade another day or something else...there's literally dozens of plays at any one time

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu May 21, 2020 10:29 pm

sam.png

Quick lesson on candlesticks as they can be very telling. Todays candlestick in a bearish engulfing...this hit a new 52 week high and closed red on the day...that very very bearish. Todays high was aboved yesterdays and closed below yesterdays low...it engulfs it. Very very bearish...nor the more volume the better when yu get candlesticks like this...but this may be an easy short tomorrow

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri May 22, 2020 5:18 pm

Ugh fugging NBRV...popped to .74 today of course after selling yesterday lol. Oh well if you have any doubt protect your capital.

OSMT is the same type of play and I began reloading again today after selling the pop yesterday. I'm going to load fairly big size on this I'm pretty confident in this play but we'll see.

Overall...great week could have been fantastic if I had held HTBX and NBRV a little longer. But that's how this goes 99% of the time you won't be able to buy bottom or sell top you just gotta be happy with what you get

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”