Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Hunting 2024

Fri Sep 13, 2024 8:30 am

Have shot a few doves trying to get warmed up.....nothing too crazy, just putzing around in the evening a few times. First shots of the season was a triple out the truck window = good omen.

Screenshot_20240913_082741_Snapchat.jpg

IMG_20240913_082839.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:21 am

Fish Felon wrote:
9manfan wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Happy birthday!

Thanks.....just doesn't seem possible I'm 65, my Grandmother who lived to 101 always told me Life is Fast...enjoy it......

It's weird looking in the mirror and wondering who the old person is looking back at you. I've gone gray to a significant degree the past year, year and a half. Looking aged....not terrible but not great. Face looks puffy more than I'd like it to.

I feel the same as I did when I was 25....not a day older.

Your grandma had great advice. Life is truly fast. The older I've gotten the more I've realized that we're not that different than fruit flies....we look at their life cycle of a day and a half as being extremely short.....a hundred years in the grand scheme of things relative to the Earth....relative to the universe?

A hundred years in that context isn't even close to as long as a day and a half seems to us.

Happy birthday by the way. For some reason 65 still seems pretty young.....never thought I'd be saying that but I feel old now too.

Thanks FF for B-Day wishes, of all the Big Numbers thru life 40-50-60 , those never bothered me at all, but this 65 kinda hit home, I remember when my dad turned 65 and he retired, I really thought he was old, he lived to 85 and has been gone 9 years already, customer stopped by today and heard I was thinking about getting out of the shop, told him about 6 months and I'm gone, health wise, I'm doing OK, had hip replaced 9 years ago , I could stand to lose a few pounds but I know that isn't going to happen, but health issue's can change quick,but damn Life is Fast.......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 13, 2024 11:55 am

Doves shot out the truck window. Somehow I’m not surprised. :lol: :lol:

Happy birthday 9man. Getting old sucks and time keeps moving faster and faster as we age. Just keep on living the best you can. I always try to remember that life is about experiences not possessions. Do it before you’re in the dirt.

I had a bit of a mid life crisis when I turned 30. Not looking forward to 40.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 13, 2024 9:04 pm

40 comes next year. Stands are hung, bow is tuned, trail cameras are up, boats are ready for duck season and my pto is maxxed out. Congrats on 65 9man.

I don’t know anyone that wished they worked longer.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Sep 14, 2024 11:28 pm

Ya I'm ,40 in March. I feel like the health concerns are stacking up I actually have quite a bit of anxiety about it with several things I haven't pursued diagnosis on. Especially after going to my 42 yo cousins celebration of life in August due to prostate cancer. I'm in pretty good "shape" I work out daily but...I dunno. I'm gonna do this eye surgery then pursue the other stuff next year. I'm trying to put health at the forefront going forward I'm working pretty hard at that have made a lot of progress habit wise but have to actually go in and get some stuff investigated

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:09 am

Thanks again for all the B-Day wishes........youngest boy got married this weekend, kinda the round about way, been together with his gal for 12 years, 3 kids but finally got the marriage deal done, Great weekend and was a Great time. My 3 brothers were there 71, 68 me at 65 and little brother at 58 and our mother who will be 90 in October, told my brothers it seems like yesterday we were all running to get on the school bus and here we sit all gray haired, Life is Fast. My wife and I have been very Blessed in Life, 3 boys with 3 Great wives and 8 Grandkids.........
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:59 am

Brief trip to Sask was fun but kind of like when you cut off a puppy after a few retrieves, it really left me wanting more! Only hunted three mornings. Shot 16ga with bismuth reloads the whole time.
Attachments
IMG_6205.jpeg
IMG_6206.jpeg
IMG_6207.jpeg

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 17, 2024 11:29 am

Looks awesome great work

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 17, 2024 2:01 pm

Quack wrote:Brief trip to Sask was fun but kind of like when you cut off a puppy after a few retrieves, it really left me wanting more! Only hunted three mornings. Shot 16ga with bismuth reloads the whole time.

Very Nice, how were the waterfowl numbers up there ??

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:31 pm

We really weren’t up there long enough to form an opinion on overall bird production and the area we went isn’t pothole country and we didn’t visit/scout any staging marshes.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”