h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: .........

Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:54 am

Simply unreal that Bullet is calling me a thief that I took your spot. As I've never took no ones hunting spot that vI hunted with. WTH is next? That I went and took your stupid azzed LMBass hot spot? Nothing but spreading lies as usual. :roll:

Shawn I see you caught the irony of Trigger's posts too. 1st his version wasit was 200yds, then 150 yds and this last year its 100 yds. I figure in 3 more years it'll be 50 yds away.

I think a few guys REALLY need to go out and let loose with a few rounds of ammo this weekeend.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Bullet21XD wrote::idea:
Trigger wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:If I won Powerball I'd pay for it to be in the waterfowl booklet.

What good would it do? You pay for it, yet you are the one who tried to downwind me on opener. So if the guy who pays for the ethics column to be printed doesn't abide by the ethics printed, should we all abide by those same ethics? Or does the guy with the money gets free pass?

What's the whole story?? I always figured fouler to be "that guy" in the field. It's bad enough he's a thief...now we hear he's a dick-like hunter as well. I've always been warned by people that were burned by foulers dishonest ways...mainly...DO NOT EVER tell him where you're hunting....EVER!!

So there I was, a young, impressionable waterfowler who thought we were all out there for the same reasons, that every waterfowler was my friend through a love of hunting ducks... boy was I wrong.... it was opening morning, still dark, I don't recall if this was a 9 or noon opener, but it doesn't matter. Me and two other groups of friends (3 boats) got on a well known point on Swan. I was on the tip of the point, then 100-200yds (does it really matter EXACTLY how far? 200 yards downwind is still unethicaly close for a stranger to be, especially when there are HOURS before shooting time) on either side of me were my friends, tucked back into the bays made by the point. We sat there for several hours, cooked breakfast, looked at the stars, just loving the fact that it was the greatest morning of the year... duck opener. Nothing could ruin our fun... but we were we wrong. Suddenly we heard the whine of a 9.9 on a 14footer screaming our way, we shined our lights at this guy and instead of just continuing on his way he boats right past us. This guy then proceeds to slow down, and pull into the cattails 100-200 yards away, in the immediate vicinity of another member of our party. We couldn't figure out what was going on and just assumed it was someone our group knew. About 20 minutes later we heard the voice of older gentleman... absolutely SCREAMING at the top of his lungs. "YOU SOB's! WTF!!! GOD Fing DAM IT!!!", just going off on what we could only assume were our friends. The reason for the yelling is still a mystery, clearly we were there first. We started getting ready to paddle over there bc the way this guy was screaming we thought for sure he was in a murderous rage, and that we would have to defend our friends. But luckily before we left, the screaming stopped and we heard the a motor start up and the stranger leave.

It turns out our friends, apparently in a food coma from eating breakfast pulled into the weeds and fell asleep without any light on. That was their mistake, and the last one they ever made because that was last day either of them ever hunted ducks, the experience they had with the guy who is supposed to be waterfowling brethren soured them on the sport for the rest of their lives.

I got home that day, went onto Waterfowler.com and began reading the account of one Alan Nikolai on the happenings of that morning, as it turns out, the stranger who attempted to set up unneccesarily close with hours to go before shooting time, who SCREAMED at my rookie friends for making one mistake.... was the one and only H2OFowler.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:02 pm

shnelson wrote:
Trigger wrote:...but life is to short to be so concerned with shooting a couple ducks that getting mad at someone who clearly doesn't know better is even a possibility for me.

Trigger wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:If I won Powerball I'd pay for it to be in the waterfowl booklet.

What good would it do? You pay for it, yet you are the one who tried to downwind me on opener. So if the guy who pays for the ethics column to be printed doesn't abide by the ethics printed, should we all abide by those same ethics? Or does the guy with the money gets free pass?

:?

You're assuming it made me mad. I thought it was hilarious that some dumb rookie was trying to set up downwind and unethically close... it was one of those "I saw it coming from a mile away" moments and just laughed at it until he started screaming, then I laughed harder, until the guy in my boat said we had better get over in case things get really ugly. I find it ironic that the guy who preaches ethics on public waters harder than anyone and who wants to be the one to print an ethics chapter in the regs, was the guy I thought was a typical moronic newb.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:16 pm

Trigger, Hammer and Fowler would you mind keeping all your bickering and bitching in a seperate thread. You guys are really bogging this place down and ruining a lot of threads with your childish arguements. When Fowler trolls you two with a bunch of nonsense facts you could just direct him to your bitching thread to get trolled. When Trigger and Hammer insult you Al you could do the same.

I could create a thread for you if you would like. What title do you think would be better? Trigger/Hammer/Fowler Bickering Thread or maybe just keep it simple and name it Troll Thread?

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:19 pm

Nershi wrote:Trigger, Hammer and Fowler would you mind keeping all your bickering and bitching in a seperate thread. You guys are really bogging this place down and ruining a lot of threads with your childish arguements. When Fowler trolls you two with a bunch of nonsense facts you could just direct him to your bitching thread to get trolled. When Trigger and Hammer insult you Al you could do the same.

I could create a thread for you if you would like. What title do you think would be better? Trigger/Hammer/Fowler Bickering Thread or maybe just keep it simple and name it Troll Thread?

No... name it "Nershi's a Whiner". It will be easier to remember.

Were you really going to get in depth about the same "ethics on public land" article that's been written and talked about several thousand times?

If you were... please be an adult and stop complaining about others and make your point about public hunting land ethics. And if you ask me, the story about Fowler and my friends is fairly topical, so your whininess is really lost on me.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:33 pm

Trigger I should have expected such a response from you. If it wasn't in nearly every thread I wouldn't have mentioned anything.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:11 pm

Nershi wrote:Trigger I should have expected such a response from you. If it wasn't in nearly every thread I wouldn't have mentioned anything.

Start some Bigfoot vs. Avery threads, I'll stay out of those for ya.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:27 pm

The name "St. Francis Duck Hunter" comes to mind after reading some of these posts......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:05 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Simply unreal that Bullet is calling me a thief that I took your spot. As I've never took no ones hunting spot that vI hunted with. WTH is next? That I went and took your stupid azzed LMBass hot spot? Nothing but spreading lies as usual. :roll:

Shawn I see you caught the irony of Trigger's posts too. 1st his version wasit was 200yds, then 150 yds and this last year its 100 yds. I figure in 3 more years it'll be 50 yds away.

I think a few guys REALLY need to go out and let loose with a few rounds of ammo this weekeend.

This forum alone is proof you have no regard for other people or thier property.
viewforum.php?f=16

You are a thief. Maybe not my hunting spots...but that's only due to being sure I don't offer any of that info to anyone...and you ain't smart enough to figure it out.
Dominate The Skies.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:31 am

Biggest crock of crap I've ever read.

Out of all hunters, waterfowl hunters are the biggest batch of d bags out there. Most will do whatever they can to get to grinding on that g spot. And if someone beat them to it, they will do everything in their power to make sure no one else is grinding that g spot.

Sky busting is the norm. It's funny how nobody does it when talking back at the access or on line. But there's rarely a day anywhere in Mn where 90% of the tick nuts on a slough aren't pounding the triggers at birds way out of efficient and effective killing range. Here's a tip, if you take more than a box or two of shells per outing in the boat per person to kill a limit, you are either beyond a terrible shot, are a chronic sky buster or have no clue what a kill hole is.

If you are hunting areas and consistently getting in pissing matches and not killing your limit, go somewhere else. Do some scouting.

Waterfowl hunting just lends itself to pure stupidity and ignorant behaviour. And the funny thing is it's always the other guy that's the jerk off.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”