Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: The Big Push!

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:14 am

lanyard wrote:And the North end of the pond behind my house opened up over night..... the skim ice couldn't get a hold.

The lake I live on partially opened up last night which was pretty surprising since it was locked up since Monday night. It does have river flow though so that is probably what did it. Some lakes in the area have fishable ice and I plan to be out Saturday after the hunt. Hopefully we don't get a big snow because we won't be making much ice for awhile after Friday.

Golden eyes on the river this morning by the house. Gonna go scout the golden eye spot on lunch that I plan to hunt Saturday.

If you guys have an open spot in the field next weekend, I know a guy. :) Too far for me to scout down that way.

Duckman23
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:54 pm

Hoping to get in a few more field hunts for mallards this weekend! Going to be cold tonight, only good thing is won't have to head to the field until afternoon. With the wind today lakes in central mn should be open. Roost as of this morning birds were still there.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:41 pm

Hansen wrote:The weekend and weeks to come should be good. The big push of mallards is just starting. ;)

That photo just proves the big push is no myth. The big push is far too real for some to even comprehend! Everything Al predicted in regards to the big push is coming true.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: The Big Push!

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:50 pm

Bailey wrote:[quote="Hansen"]The weekend and weeks to come should be good. The big push of mallards is just starting. ;)

[img]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/Full_Force_Five/IMG_4859_zpsebq76hgg.jpg[/img]

That photo just proves the big push is no myth. The big push is far too real for some to even comprehend! Everything Al predicted in regards to the big push is coming true.[/quote]Naw that's just a decent flock.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:09 pm

Well, National Weather Service is debunking Red is frozen.... Upper Red, yes. Lower Red, not so much.... Used to drive by lower Red quite often, we clock Bluebills flyng the West shore along Hwy 89. Red Lake Wildlife Management Area is worth a long weekend in Fall...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1704016842965104&id=200752513291552

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:43 am

Bemidji was -12 this morning smashing the record by 12 degrees. (Air temp - not wind chill). Brrrrrrr....

Guys are already ice fishing on the back bays near Appleton WI yesterday.

40 for tomorrow for the metro
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:42 am

Will be interesting to see what happens in the space between, say, Waconia and West to Wilmar, then St Cloud and South to Mankato. That box has bigger water, fields, etc.

West of there will be tough if all the water opens back up. Success will be had if most of it stays locked and the rivers, Artichoke, Oliver, etc. provide water roosting and some hunting opportunities.

Full body set-ups on ice with some floaters in an open hole should do well on geese.

I'm guessing whatever chuckleheads on facebook made it out today they will DEFINITELY be posting pics.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:22 am

Lower prior lake was open last night, i'm sure it's wide open today. Last night flock after flock was pooring in at sundown. Big lakes like that will be open with no snow, warming temps and no super cold temp in the next 10 days it could be good.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:03 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:Bemidji was -12 this morning smashing the record by 12 degrees. (Air temp - not wind chill). Brrrrrrr....

Yikes. That is cold.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:59 am

h2ofwlr wrote:Bemidji was -12 this morning smashing the record by 12 degrees. (Air temp - not wind chill). Brrrrrrr....

Probably my uncles and cousins, those boys out there are friggin crazy

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”