Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: The Big Push!

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:53 am

Nice work Hansen. Some good looking birds in that bunch.

MN definitely benefited this fall by having ND mostly frozen when the birds started coming down. Hell ND was mostly froze before Canada this fall. Seems like way more birds made their way through the state this year due to that, and not just mallards. There are still guys shooting them up in ND but I think a lot of their birds came through our state this fall.

About 10 years ago we had a fall like this and MN had some amazing bird numbers that year as well. I saw the largest staging flocks of divers that fall that I've seen. The roar when they got up to head south was very impressive.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Nershi wrote:Nice work Hansen. Some good looking birds in that bunch.

MN definitely benefited this fall by having ND mostly frozen when the birds started coming down. Hell ND was mostly froze before Canada this fall. Seems like way more birds made their way through the state this year due to that, and not just mallards. There are still guys shooting them up in ND but I think a lot of their birds came through our state this fall.

About 10 years ago we had a fall like this and MN had some amazing bird numbers that year as well. I saw the largest staging flocks of divers that fall that I've seen. The roar when they got up to head south was very impressive.

I remember that year and this yer is not far behind, been one of the best for quite some time......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 pm

Yes from start to still going this has been one of the best in years.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Birds never really showed here. Never even seen a spoonie. only one buffie and one flock of gwt.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:27 pm

[
Last edited by 9manfan on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:28 pm

9manfan wrote:
gimpfinger wrote:Birds never really showed here. Never even seen a spoonie. only one buffie and one flock of gwt.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk

We don't hunt that far apart and it's strange how that works out, the flooded cornfield we hunted I've never seen soo many GWT along with the mallards,pintails and widgeon, Spooner's, we only shot couple of them all year also , but the diver hunting was great.......

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:34 pm

Nice work, want one more field hunt like that this year. Was hoping this weekend but...work. Hope for next weekend

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:37 pm

It appears with a drought in ND Minn may be back on the map as an excellent waterfowl state from what I'm reading. I had great hunting in south Dakota as always but if Minnesota is going to be lights out the next few years why go. Sounds like Hanson is knocking the snot out of them.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:40 pm

If that was 2007 I hunted the river the last three weeks of the season and had over a 5 bird limit for like 10 hunts. It has not been that good since.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:41 pm

Bailey wrote:

If that was 2007 I hunted the river the last three weeks of the season and had over a 5 bird limit for like 10 hunts. It has not been that good since.

5 bird average I meant.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”