Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: The Big Push!

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Hansen wrote:Everything opened back up with this huge wind. Driving home last night I saw a 100 pack of mallards poor into bush lake in Bloomington. I turned around and watched them for a bit. It seems like new ducks are coming and going right now with this weather. Black Friday it's going to be 50 with a chance of rain.

It will be a mallard smack down this weekend for some. Heck I am reading of guys shooting several hundred snows a day in ND still on another site. Not sure what they do with them all but they have the pictures and I would say they are averaging like 40 snows a person per day. Limit is 50.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:01 pm

I dont think I'll make it out west as intended, but prolly set up locally and hope for a flock or two

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:11 am

Bailey wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:
Bailey wrote:Al you should of gotten permission on that slough and put the hurt on them!

It would be wiser not to shoot the roost. But rather find where they are feeding and hunt the field.

The last three or four days of the season I say shoot away at the roost. What difference does it really make at that point. Anyway how do you know is was a roost? Maybe it was the only open water around and they were just sitting on it all day and never went to the fields. Maybe they were divers!
Ummmm....binoculars....
Why should I screw up others that are hunting the birds in the area? That's the God damned problem with too many of the MN hunters - they only give a shit about themselves.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: The Big Push!

Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:07 am

h2ofwlr wrote:[quote="Bailey"][quote="h2ofwlr"][quote="Bailey"]Al you should of gotten permission on that slough and put the hurt on them!

It would be wiser not to shoot the roost. But rather find where they are feeding and hunt the field.[/quote]

The last three or four days of the season I say shoot away at the roost. What difference does it really make at that point. Anyway how do you know is was a roost? Maybe it was the only open water around and they were just sitting on it all day and never went to the fields. Maybe they were divers![/quote]Ummmm....binoculars....
Why should I screw up others that are hunting the birds in the area? That's the God damned problem with too many of the MN hunters - they only give a shit about themselves.[/quote]Or don't be a retard and and you can hunt a roost and still have birds there except the ones that are dead.

Field hunters blow out roosts too. Seen it done.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:27 am

Yep. Wait for them to leave. Hunt them in the afternoon returning. Get out of there before blowing it out.

We're counting on you al.

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:46 am

Nershi wrote:Yep. Wait for them to leave. Hunt them in the afternoon returning. Get out of there before blowing it out.

We're counting on you al.

I think Al may be out shooting a limit as we speak. He may be eating duck tonight!

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:51 pm

A lot of ducks flying over the deer stand this evening, looked to be mostly divers but too dark to positively I'd. Flock after flock

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:26 pm

lower miss is loaded. roch is loaded as well. hunters everywhere along the refuge line this past weekend. need some snow and cold to thin out the wknd warriors
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:31 am

Awesome field hunting right now, get out there and do it!

Duckman23
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:33 am

Field hunting the past week has been good for mallards, geese have been tough! I wish we could get some snow that would help out on the geese. Geese aren't going anywhere with the forcast for this week. Late season geese would be awesome with some snow!

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”