Re: Vikings 2019

Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:59 pm

We are gonna hire Kubiaks kid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:16 am

Vikings got beat by the better team, both their O and D lines were far superior to ours, wasn't overly impressed with Garappalo (spelling), but lost all respect for Nick Bosa, that was a cheap POS hit, here's hoping he blows out both knees in the future.....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Vikings 2019

Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:11 am

That Bosa hit was dirty as shit. And he did it because O’Neill was giving him the business which makes it even worse. He’s a garbage human.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:50 am

Well at least we did not blow a 24-0 lead like the Texans did against KC. Talk about a wild 1st 1/2! Never seen anything like it, and we likely wont again.

When you don't have an O line that allows you to run the ball against the best teams - you are doomed. Heck the O line could not even get time for Cousins to pass - for the most part it does not matter who the QB is, you are going to get hurried/sacked - exceptions are perhaps Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, and Rodgers - as those 4 know how to scramble and also run the ball! (Cousins sure as heck can't) But Zim would not hire a free wheeling QB like those 4 with his defensive and offensive strategy.
If you look at this past year for our 3 core receivers of Thielen. Diggs, and Rudy, and then compare it to 2018 - they under performed because of the Offensive strategy imposed by Zim. The stats show it clearly. :(

If I were HC for 2020, go back to 2018 O strategy of run 40% and pass 60% to let them catch the ball. Need to pick/hire O line players.
D strategy, need to pick/hire D backs (need taller and speedier - perhaps use WRs types as DBs) and be aggressive (blitz more).
But then - I'm not being paid the big bucks by the Wilfs, so what do I know?

As for loosing OC Stefanski - he did what he could within the perimeters of what Zim allowed. He should be a VG HC, it'll be quite interesting to see what he does with the Browns offense.
Also we let go DC Edwards.
So 2 big holes to fill. And then Cousins is on his last yr as QB and will need to relearn yet another OC system.

Prediction for 2020 as it stands right now: 9-7 We still will not be able to beat the top 1/3 tier teams with Zims coaching perimeters on the OC. :(
I hope I'm wrong.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:13 am

What you see is what you get.....

.....the Vikings under Spielman and Zimmer are going to consistently be a competitive team that could make the playoffs or win the division in the down years. A bad season will be like last year's 8-7-1 or the Bradford year 8-8. Maybe in a real down year and every bounce doesn't go their way they'll be 6-10....but that's the bottom of the trough. As fans we're never going to see them go 3-13 or 4-12.

But we're also never going to see them go to the Super Bowl, and sure as shit aren't ever going to see them win one.

They're just not that good. They're solid....good....but not great. They'll never be able to put it all together for a long enough period to win it all.

That's what this regime of the Vikings offer. The lows aren't that low, and the highs arent that high.

Can't wait for next year's 9-7 iteration of the same shit.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:19 am

Fish Felon wrote:They're just not that good. They're solid....good....but not great. They'll never be able to put it all together for a long enough period to win it all.

That's what this regime of the Vikings offer. The lows aren't that low, and the highs arent that high.

Probably the best description of the Vikings ever.

People who actually think going into the playoffs this team ever really has a chance have gone complete retard, you never go complete retard.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:23 pm

I have been a Viking fan a long time, seen all the Super Bowl losses, making the playoffs is exciting, beating the Saints was Great, last Saturday not so great, guess I'm use to the losses.................

but then I think what Cleveland, Lions and other bottom dweller teams have endured, well maybe we don't have it that bad, one of my kids was complaining and I said think what the Baltimore Fans are going thru, they had them crowned Super Bowl Champs before playoffs started, maybe we won't win a SB in my lifetime but could be alot worse things then that I guess.......Go Vikes !!!!!
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

JayRo
Coot Commander

Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:44 pm

It has been confirmed. Watching the Packers get their asses handed to them is much more satisfying than a Vikings win. Even an unexpected Wild Card win over the heavily favored Saints....

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:33 pm

At the end of the day, packers won as many playoffs games as the Vikings, and have a lower draft position. Feels good man.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:56 pm

Rodgers ain't what he used to be

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”