h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Drought

Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:13 pm

Fish Felon wrote:Holy fukc.....a drop from 349 down to 295....WTF?!?!

Surprised so much or surprised so little?

Yesterday/todays rains
Attachments
FB_IMG_1630713625743.jpg
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:23 pm

From Novak

Cooler and a tad wetter Sept is predicted, all thanks to la Nina.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1630718311814.jpg
FB_IMG_1630718297995.jpg

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:28 pm

Prediction..... (Drum roll please).....

In the coming weeks the 3 state (MN/SD/ND) intersection area is where the ducks will be as they've gotten rains this past month. That's where they will be stopping as they wing SE on their migration as it's popcorn fart dry N and W of there.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:29 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:
Fish Felon wrote:Holy fukc.....a drop from 349 down to 295....WTF?!?!

Surprised so much or surprised so little?

So much......we got some rain but a 54 drought point drop? A 15% reduction in a week?

Give me a break?!?!

They make you have to gnash and claw to earn that score on your way towards getting dry but then cheaply piss it away with a light dose of rain.

Doesn't sit well with me for some reason.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:50 pm

Vikings of the drought?

You should be ecstatic that we choked in the “4th”, aka late summer…
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:17 pm

Still dry enough I could drive my four wheeler to the duck blind and try to fix it...unheard of for at least 9 yrs...can walk out there in boots again
Screenshot_20210904-151721.png

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:18 pm

Pond did jump 6-8" since 2 weeks ago

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:52 pm

Puddles are full in west central MN after the rain. Scouted today and only hit one jump. Those seeking teal should look west of 59. Hopefully we kill some tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:28 am

Drought score of 282 down from 295.

I dunno....it's now starting to seem kind of dumb how they're labeling areas "drought."

The area I'm in is "severe drought."

Is the area I'm in still behind on a decent chunk of precipitation for the year?

Yeah.

Is it dry? Does it seem like we're in a "severe drought?"

Fukc No!

I pulled out a rain garden the county made us put in as part of an approval for a variance. FYI Crow Wing County has the dumbest fukcing lakeshore laws...all literally the result of one guy being an asshole, AKA "Denny Hecker" either on Gull, Crosslake, or somewhere on the Whitefish chain....the fukcer was building rectangular and geometric islands going out into the lake, as in he had a large rectangular island built fifty yards out for his bonfire parties, and had connecting islands with bridges and shit to get out there. When I say "rectangular island" I'm talking an island that's really more of a elongated cube (forgot the term) with 3' white concrete walls going straight up and there being perfectly manicured golf fairway grass on the top. The shit was pretty tacky....since it was meant to match his modern white "scarface" cabin/lake home.

So because of Danny Hecker there used to be multiple giant holes in the yard lined with rip-rap Boulder rock walls and fine grain sand bottoms......the county refers to these as "Rain Gardens." Essentially, the county made us tear up the shitty grass weedy lawn with ferns edging it.....to bare dirt, and then construct a bunch of dumb shit like "rain gardens" because apparently they were worried about sediment run-off......on the rough grass like 1/8th of an acre they had us tear open......to bare sediment.....because they didn't want sediment going in the lake.....so they made us convert the property from a state where it was impossible for sediment to go into the lake because there wasn't ever any exposed sediment.....and they had us convert it to something that was nothing but exposed sediment that could, would, and did run off into the lake when it rained......

....all. because the county didn't want sediment going in the lake.

Make sense?

If you're a retard working for Crow Wing County then the answer is a resounding, "Yes."

But for me?

I tripped and fell into one of those fukcing holes....er, I mean "Rain Gardens" to where I said, "Fuggit," and order five cubic yards of black topsoil and filled the fukcers in and planted grass seed over them.

I planted the grass seed I'm guessing 15-18 days ago. Guess how many times I've watered it?

Zero.

Yet it is green as hell and thick new grass. I moved it two days ago.

How is it possible that I'm growing what is essentially some high grade sod at this point when all I've had to do is no joke, just sprinkle some grass seed on some black dirt....and without doing anything else......I now have lush green grass.....because we're in a severe drought, where everything is a bright green and the ground is wet.

Severe drought. A little North of here it looks the same, bright lush green with wet ground.....up there it's exceptional drought.

I get that the lakes are still down and the river is low......

.....but it seems like it has rained ten days straight. At the very least it's rained eight or nine out of the last ten.

Yet we're in "exceptional drought." There's a burning ban because of "how dry" it is.

You'd need fukcing napalm to start a fire that'd light the woods up for a minute or two, to burn an acre or two.

Seems dumb to have a burning ban when everything is wet to the touch.

Screenshot_20210910-024818_Chrome.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:32 pm

SoDak drops 20 points down to 267....

Screenshot_20210910-192740_Chrome.jpg

NoDak remains the drought king at 357 (down from 365).

Screenshot_20210910-192716_Chrome.jpg

Iowa is down to a paltry drought score of 121. Hey Iowegians! Don't forget to grab your umbrellas and put on your rain coats when leaving the house.....WTF....don't hate the [drought] player, hate the [drought] game Iowa.

Screenshot_20210910-193008_Chrome.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”