Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Fisherman stabbed to death in confrontation with oth ang

Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:08 pm

Stute Slap wrote:What the F were they yelling about anyway?

Good question, and for three hours?

We've all been 19. I'd be lying if I said that I couldn't possibly see myself talking shyte across a river while fishing with a couple friends when I was 19, but at 34; really? This Kelly guy was being a total dbag by the sounds of it and should have been more mature.

What normal 34 year old man verbally spars with a group of teenagers for three hours across a river?

By all accounts he was the agressor. If he tried to pull the kid out of the car, especially after the kid flashed a knife, what did he expect to happen? For the kid to just let him pull him out of the car and beat his ass?

It'd be interesting to know the size and weight differences. From the pics I've seen of the kid he looked pretty slight in stature. Probably doesn't weigh 150 lbs soaking wet.

If some overly-agressive middle-aged dude who's bigger than me, that also happens to be a wrestling coach, drove across a river to get in my face while I was walking to my car, threatened me, and then tried to pull me out of a car after I showed him that I had a knife, I probably would have stabbed him too. Sounds a lot like self-defense to me. Just saying.

The guys brother needs to shut up. He wasn't there. What he's telling the media has to be what the guys friend told him so of course it's going to be the sugar coated version. What's the friend supposed to tell him?

"Your brother was being a total dick and in the process of chasing down a scrawny teenager to beat the living shyte out of he got stabbed."
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:45 pm

Teen charged over St. Croix angler killing makes first court appearance
More: http://bringmethenews.com/2015/04/17/te ... er-killing
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:56 pm

Like FF said in an earlier post this is a very similar situation to the altercation that Fowler and Trigger had on opening day.

I'm proud to say they both handled it like grown up, coward men like the rest of us and fought in out on the internet instead of the bank of a river or the cattails of Swan Lake.

Whatever happened there again? Was Fowler sleeping and Trigger set up next to him or something like that? It's crazy that all the places and all the people - trigger and fowler set up on each other......the odds are mind boggling.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:18 pm

I think it was Trigger's buddies that were passed out in a duck skiff and h2ofwlr set up a few feet away not knowing they were there. Trigger was 100 yards upwind if I remember right.

The bottom line is that after a heated exchange no one was stabbed and for that I commend them too.

Trigger and h2ofwlr have had a few encounters in the offline world it sounds like. The west metro just isn't big enough for the two of them I guess.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:21 pm

Ah the media. Have nice smiling pics of Kelly, and mug shots of Acre. Talk about Kelly being a coach, 5 children, etc and make no mention of what kind of person Acre is. I hate the media.

I did a quick online search. He was on the honor roll in middle school and high school. Pics of him with his little brother smiling. Has a Facebook. Myspace, SoundCloud, YouTube channel. Likes autos, wood carving, fishing, ducks unlimited. A little dbagish(he likes Florida Georgia line), but seems as if he was a pretty normal good kid

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:57 pm

I'm sure that more will be coming on this story....for instance, haven't heard a peep from Kelly's fishing buddy that day or the other two kids. A very tragic loss for the Kelly family and a horrible event for the others involved.

"God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy!
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:46 am

Yah its mostly speculation. Its could be so many different things.

What looks really bad tho is that they all just murked off from the scene. If it was clearly self-defense they should have stayed. But again, who really knows, people get scared and make dumb decisions even it was in self-defense. Maybe they didn't even know they killed the guy.

Because guns are a million times more effective than knives in a fight (duh), it seems like people kind of forget how deadly knives can be, even in someone who isn't trained. Any man can be killed.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:46 am

One thing for a bunch of slack jaw d-bags on chat board to make up chit. Another when you're somehow involved in the case and talking to the media. Brother-man needs someone to help in grieve in a way different than talking to the media, I don't think he's helping the case.

3 hours. I still can't get over that.

In 3 hours of swearing, dope smoking, and making families upset (?), no one notified the park (is it unstaffed), no call was made regarding unruly conduct or disturbance of the peace, and at the end of the night, when everyone is apparently going home and the fishing done for the day, rather than letting the day finish it's time to stop the car.

Neither group is telling the truth because right now neither group has anything to gain from it. Kids were being d-bags, loud, obnoxious. Old dude yells, "hey, that's no way to act". D-bags ratchet it up a little, old dude gets more pissed kids get more entertained by it, repeat.

One was a great dad. One was a great kid. It will be awhile before the truth comes out, by that time no one will care.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:37 am

I'm just glad to see a bully get what he deserves. If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough!
Dominate The Skies.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:43 am

Why , if this was a big problem, would you not call either the park or the cops? Good lesson, don't bring cauliflower to a knife fight. Guessing this wrestling coach had a bit of a complex, that if someone wasn't doing what he thought was "appropriate", it was his obligation and he had the authority, to teach them a lesson, aka, kick their butt's into shape. I've got no sympathy for this guy. If teens across a river where being disrespectful and obnoxious, I do one of 2 things. One of which wouldn't be to escalate the situation. Imo, no matter what was said, this clown got in his car and searched out these individuals, and became the aggressor as soon as he got in his car with intent. The lawyers this kid gets will eat the prosecution alive, for that one simple fact, that he got in his car and went on the offensive. That's what I can't get over?
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”