dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Re: Phil Robertson suspended from DD by A&E

Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:50 pm

Trigger wrote:
dwendt wrote:
Trigger wrote:[quote="dwendt"]Correct me if I am wrong but isn't them suspending him also a product of discrimination against his beliefs? And not to mention borderline freedom of speech? If that's why they said they suspended him....

Yes for his beliefs of discrimination against a segment of the population that are born differently than most of us. His opinion is bs and should not be allowed.

So basically you want to suppress anyone with an opinion unlike yours?

I for one feel the same way he does, definitely not to that extent but u believe in God and I don't believe in gays/ gay marriage etc.

So does that make my opinion BS and shouldn't be allowed?

What's your opinion?

I'll tell you it's BS and shouldn't be allowed.

Oh he can say whatever he wants, im all for differing opinions as long as they aren't discriminating against people for being born differently. His view just proves that he is a pos and should disappear back into the swamps and live out the rest of his hate filled days off the tv screen.

Correct... your opinion on gay marriage is as flocked up as the redneck dbags opinion on the matter.

My opinion? And E made the right move. Im surprised it took phil this long to say something this stupid.[/quote]

Could you please post a quote from the interview where he directly says he is discriminatory towards anyone who may be gay?

So my opinion shouldn't be allowed right? So now just because he doesn't like gay people you want to take away his freedom to speak and think as he wishes, because that's YOUR opinion on the matter, so whose to say your right shouldn't be taken away cause I don't like it?

Doesn't that seem incredibly hypocritical?

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:51 pm

Trigger wrote:
9manfan wrote:
Trigger wrote:Yes for his beliefs of discrimination against a segment of the population that are born differently than most of us. His opinion is bs and should not be allowed.

Just have to love someone giving an opinion on somebody else's opinion that is BS and shouldn't be allowed....that's funny stuff right there.... :lol: .....

That is exactly right. When someones opinion is that a certain segment of the population shouldn't be given the same rights as everyone else simply because they were born differently, they should be called out for being the pos they are. Its no different than being racist... which im sure some of you think is ok too.

Well, isn't that what your doing to the Robertsons ????
Where did Phil say they were not getting the same right's?? He stated what he thought, why is that discrimination to GLW ??
Last edited by 9manfan on Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

THe CRiPPLeR
This Hen's For You

Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:54 pm

Ah yeah, no its not.
Discimination has to do with treatment of an individual because of a difference. Not because you point out a difference or state you don't understand how they think.
I would assume some definition web page out there has added to or changed the real definition to fit the modern day liberal agenda like they do but I coul pretty much quarentee if you looked at a old hard cover Websters Dictionary it would only list treatment.
AKA HenSlayer
If its brown its down, if it flies it..., well I cripple it

Secure huntings future, introduce someone new to the outdoors.

D.T. Hammer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:01 pm

Nershi wrote:Hammer your anti-religon stuff gets old. We get it.

Are you getting all of it though or just the 1/2 coming from me.

Religious folks gay haten is getting old. Do you agree or is just my view getting old?

Did you see all the positives I wrote about religion?

Still confused why you view it as anti-religion?

The church really helped me out this year :D

Walker I miss you :-)
Buckthorn removal is easy with the buckthorn baggie :-)

THe CRiPPLeR
This Hen's For You

Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:13 pm

How bout we as a society just quit being Anti- anything. Let people be f-in people. If a person wants to worship God and believes Jesus is the son of god... let em. If a person was born gay and finds love in the same sex... let em. If each of these persons doesn't agree with the other let them state their opinion then f-off. Dont cram your religion down my throat and dont cram your sexuality down my throat... no pun intended. A person doesnt have to understand someones difference to accept it.

Bottom line, the man shouldnt loose his job because of what he believes, that is something that everbody should agree on.
AKA HenSlayer
If its brown its down, if it flies it..., well I cripple it

Secure huntings future, introduce someone new to the outdoors.

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:19 pm

Moral of the story... Freedom of speech only exists if you don't upset anyone.
Craigslist Prostaff

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:27 pm

Stute Slap wrote:Still can't believe how many people think DD is a real show or the Robertson's are real.

Nobody thinks it's strange that a true red-neck, hardcore duck hunting, camo wearing, southerner is doing interviews in GQ magazine?????

The whole thing is an act, these statements were scripted, everything they say is scripted, the camo, long hair and beards are costumes.

You think the company was made in 1973, to make a TV show in the 2010's? :shock: I've watched most of the Duck Commander DVD's and loved the way they hunted and lived life long before Willie got greedy and made a corny (yet funny) TV show.

All of them but Jep have had a beard all along... So I don't think they are wearing "costumes".

More than anything, the GQ interview that Phil did should show you that he is not "scripted." The guy has the McNuggets to say what he means and stand by it rather then bend over backwards to make everyone happy. He has his beliefs, I have mine, you have yours.

What he said didn't cause any harm... whether you think it was right or wrong is up to you... but this story has brought forth so many hypocrites and already annoyed the hell out of me.
Craigslist Prostaff

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:45 pm

tola18 wrote:
Stute Slap wrote:Still can't believe how many people think DD is a real show or the Robertson's are real.

Nobody thinks it's strange that a true red-neck, hardcore duck hunting, camo wearing, southerner is doing interviews in GQ magazine?????

The whole thing is an act, these statements were scripted, everything they say is scripted, the camo, long hair and beards are costumes.

You think the company was made in 1973, to make a TV show in the 2010's? :shock: I've watched most of the Duck Commander DVD's and loved the way they hunted and lived life long before Willie got greedy and made a corny (yet funny) TV show.

All of them but Jep have had a beard all along... So I don't think they are wearing "costumes".

More than anything, the GQ interview that Phil did should show you that he is not "scripted." The guy has the McNuggets to say what he means and stand by it rather then bend over backwards to make everyone happy. He has his beliefs, I have mine, you have yours.

What he said didn't cause any harm... whether you think it was right or wrong is up to you... but this story has brought forth so many hypocrites and already annoyed the hell out of me.

Are you on Facebook? 90% of posts are about that today.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:23 pm

tola18 wrote:

I think they made a company in 1973 and had a genius marketing strategy to sell their products which was to act and dress a certain way on their videos. Which is a great idea. I can't believe there are people on this earth who believe it's real life....the duckmen videos were just as fake as Duck Dynasty. That's a fact jack. Their hunting videos are awesome but it's not REAL, it's MARKETING.

They are just as much costumes as the band KISS's get up, it's all part of the act.

It was 100% scripted, look at all the publicity this has got him!! I saw there was over 68,000 comments on Yahoo this morning....I have never seen that many on any article before. Again a genius move by Phil, right when things were starting to cool and fade away he brings himself right back to the spot light, bigger than ever.

AND he bent over backwards as soon as SHTF.

Phil is a genius, plain and simple. He is also pretty dang creepy if you ask me....who the heck brings up "a man's anus" ha ha what a weirdo. I just marvel at how stupid society is though and believe it's "reality".....that's what I get a kick out of. Probly the same people that think Lizard Lick towing, those shows about Alaska, and The Hills, are real I guess.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:33 pm

^
^
^
Stute, do you honestly believe most people think Duck Dynasty is their everyday lives.....come on...
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”