9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Re: Bro-Culture

Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:17 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Damn y’all see the vid of some kids in Pennsylvania kicking a wounded deer and ripping its antlers off while it’s still alive, and then posting it to social media?

Is this bro culture or future Dahmer shit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

watched part of it yesterday and that is pretty f-ed up, couldn't imagine why you would do that.........maybe your right with the " Gay Boys"............
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

hobbydog
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:09 pm

I don't think that is anything new. What is new is posting stuff like that on social media. I am very happy there was no social media around when I was young.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:42 pm

How they thought that'd be ok or make them look cool...I dunno. Now the families bbq restaurant is taking a bunch of fire on their reviews...one kid was a step son of the police chief wouldn't be surprised if he resigns...wow.

Yet there's these idiot high schoolers protesting the voting age should be lowered when they can't grasp consequences of actions they take. Classic

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Bro-Culture

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:19 pm

hobbydog wrote:I don't think that is anything new. What is new is posting stuff like that on social media. I am very happy there was no social media around when I was young.

I’m not sure people kicking spine shot deer in the head and laughing about it “nothing new”. This is future serial killer shit.

I grew up with kids who have done some messed up stuff well into their adult life, but nothing even close to that.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:21 pm

Mallard_maniac wrote:^^^^ Just through my rose colored glasses but in my world, I see a lot of people making more money and having disposable income but much, much less time. So it's nothing for these guys to walk into a store and drop that kind of coin on sitka gear only to weaar it once or twice a year.

Maybe it's a ton of credit card debt but the way I've seen acquaintances spend in the last 5-10yrs I genuinely believe they have the money and nothing better to spend it on.

I’d also wager credit card debt. I’m not sure the data would support people having more disposable income.

One thing that I do know is way better tho, and that’s marketing and the ability to market to the certain demographic.

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:57 am

9manfan wrote:
Mallard_maniac wrote:Maybe it's a ton of credit card debt but the way I've seen acquaintances spend in the last 5-10yrs I genuinely believe they have the money and nothing better to spend it on.

I'm going to go with the credit card debt, my wife worked in banking for quite some time and she told me once about credit card debt, we were talking bout credit card debt and she told me " you have no idea what some people are in debt to credit card companies "not all but a good chunk of them.....

^this.

I know someone who was a loan officer and quit shortly after a prominent family from the area came in to their office demanding a loan to payoff the other loans they couldn't pay. Then threatened said person. Also said that you wouldn't believe the amount of people around town that are in debt up to their eyeballs.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:31 am

Credit Card Debt is the answer. I have not zero other than the month over month stuff. I was there once in my early/mid 20's. It's sucks, the stress level is high.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:25 pm

Yep, I'm fortunate I've never carried a balance on a credit card in my life. I know sometimes things come up where people legitimately have no other option like surgery etc...but way too often these days they get racked up just so people can have the latest and greatest.

Not to go all FF conspiracy...but this mind washing/you can only be happy with the latest and greatest,/possesions make you happy/etc is how business is manipulating consumers to drive the economy. And it's a never ending circle. Increasing debt leads to stress/fear/depression and to make themselves happy they go buy something else...and get a temporary high from it that brings them out of their funk temporarily.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:07 pm

People are generally pretty phucking stupid.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:25 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Yep, I'm fortunate I've never carried a balance on a credit card in my life. I know sometimes things come up where people legitimately have no other option like surgery etc...but way too often these days they get racked up just so people can have the latest and greatest.

Not to go all FF conspiracy...but this mind washing/you can only be happy with the latest and greatest,/possesions make you happy/etc is how business is manipulating consumers to drive the economy. And it's a never ending circle. Increasing debt leads to stress/fear/depression and to make themselves happy they go buy something else...and get a temporary high from it that brings them out of their funk temporarily.

I think you’re spot on actually. Not a conspiracy theory in my opinion, it’s just how marketing works and preys on our nature.

Fighting against lifestyle creep feels like a constant struggle for me sometimes.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”