Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: Red lake ?

Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:28 am

I understand the concept of mutual combat but I think cops get called cause sometimes things turn ugly, heads bounce of concrete, curb stomps a guy that clearly can’t defend himself, death, etc. and no bar owner wants a brawl or death at their place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:48 am

Never been in a flying fists fight, came close in high school, threw guy up against locker and we had words but that was the end of it, we pretty much disliked each other but today we talk when we see each other........

Prolly the one fight I still remember watching at Valhalla on lake Shetek back in late 70's, watched 2 guys go fists flying and one guy fell to the ground, the other guy proceeded to kick him right in the mouth and knocked his front teeth out, I though what a couple morons and went back into the dance, never had the urge to ever fight after that.......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:50 am

9manfan wrote:Never been in a flying fists fight, came close in high school, threw guy up against locker and we had words but that was the end of it, we pretty much disliked each other but today we talk when we see each other........

Prolly the one fight I still remember watching at Valhalla on lake Shetek back in late 70's, watched 2 guys go fists flying and one guy fell to the ground, the other guy proceeded to kick him right in the mouth and knocked his front teeth out, I thought what a couple morons and went back into the dance, never had the urge to ever fight after that.......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:43 am

I've never been in a fight either...but even just having the balls to verbally assert/defend yourself. Start talking shit back and forth might even make a new friend vs someone who feels they can take advantage of you.

Closest to a fight I had...there was a big mf'er like 6'4 250+ in middle school...and another farm kid that sat behind me. I'd bring my stuff in set it on the desk and they thought it was funny to hide my folders and break my pencils. So one day I punched that big f'er in the ear.

Guess what neither one did anything again, one of them is a top 3 friend and I still hang out with the other one every once Ina while

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Red lake ?

Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:09 am

Man I never really been in like an unregulated fight punching n shit. One time a big Indian dude started pummeling the shit out of my roommate so I jumped on his back and choked him out. He got really mad but didn’t wanna fight me even tho his buddy wanted to jump me. The next day the Indian and his buddy came by the house later to buy drugs from a chick who couch crashing there while I was home, thought for sure they were there to kill me, as the indians buddy done time for basically kidnapping a kid a Crosby. I just watched the door with a knife in my hand crouched on my bed ready to pounce, and just waited for the door handle to moved. Anyways they didn’t come in there and I was cool with the native dude next time I saw him. He was a cool guy but he’s loses his shit when he drinks.

I did throw a seasoning salt shaker at a guys face at a house party in at cloud once, and it exploded into a lime green plume and everyone in the kitchen started coughing. That’s only cool thing I’ve really done.

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:42 pm

No fist fights for me either other then the occasional thrown punch in hockey which is pretty much worthless since your wearing helmets. We did have a select group of people come over to a house party we had in college and they started causing some trouble and i got in one of the guys faces and wasnt sure what to do so i open hand slapped him as hard as i could across the face and before he or i could do anything else i was thrown to the side and he got hit with a coffee pot from one of my buddies then the other guy hit my buddy in the face with a vodka bottle i then thought it was a good idea to run down stairs and grab my ice saw and go back up stairs but they were gone. Its amazing what a few too many beers can do to a person.
official sour toe member number 52,814

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:37 pm

Too many to remember. My careers in LE & Military put me in some precarious situations. Some I wish never happened, others I 'm glad it did and some I wish would have happened. There is no conciliation prize for the so called winner. You hurt either physically from bruises, scratches, bites, etc. or emotionally from guilt, remorse, and sometimes shame.

What I did learn from all of it was to never back down from a bully; most are all show & no go.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:18 pm

There was a time long ago that I worked as a bouncer, first in Cloud, then in downtown Minneapolis, then in Alexandria, that I basically got paid $100 a night to fight people. I literally can’t even count the amount of physical altercations I was in over that 3 or so year span. Cloud and Alex were mostly chill, but downtown was like ThunderDome pretty much every shift. Sunday nights (aka Hip Hop Night) were the absolute worst. I got maced/pepper sprayed so many times by MPLS PD as I was amongst whatever chaos that was going on that I essentially became immune to it. Several cops commented over that time period that they literally couldn’t believe I could still function after they’d empty their “party cans” (fire extinguisher sized containers full of pepper spray) into the crowd that was brawling.

I’m not cool, not tough, and not intimidating whatsoever and looking back it was an incredibly stupid roll of the dice. Thankfully, the worst I ever got messed up was getting punched, choked out a couple of times, and bitten in the biceps to the point of drawing blood as I was putting some puzzy frat boy into dreamland. I had lots of friends end up in the hospital though over those years that were “bouncing” just a few feet away from me as part of the same scuffle.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:18 pm

Remember when former gophers QB Phillip Nelson kicked a dude in his head?

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:21 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Remember when former gophers QB Phillip Nelson kicked a dude in his head?

Remember that like it was yesterday, pretty much ruined his life to some point...........how many times do you think he wishes he would of stayed home that nite.......

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”