HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Re: Coronavirus

Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:38 pm

^^^^^
This has been proven false.

“In comparison to SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) and MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome) coronaviruses, which were both identified in the past 20 years, COVID-19 is likely more highly transmissible but not as deadly, the researchers noted.”

Source: http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspect ... death-rate
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Take-a-Gander
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:09 pm

Kaiser system in California has an interesting report on CoVid19 compared to influenza

I think we have yet to see how this plays out ?

Multiple experts told us that the number of coronavirus cases not just in China but worldwide has probably been undercounted because many people with the infection do not suffer serious symptoms and may not seek medical treatment. It is possible that only those who have tested positive are being counted as “confirmed cases.”

Until the case definition is expanded to include people clinicians think may have COVID-19 but who were not tested for it, they said, the total estimated number of cases will remain lower than the likely reality. But, if the number of cases widens to include those with mild symptoms who have not been tested, then the mortality rate will go down.

I haven’t seen any reports from Mike Osterholm at the U. He usually has some very good insight on these epidemiological issues.

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:26 pm

He doesn’t think it’s going away anytime soon, nor should it be taken lightly.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/osterholm-quotes
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:29 pm

People get sick. Some die.

The end.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:04 pm

When you have 60% of a country not able to pay for a $1000 emergency while sitting on top of giant credit bubble? Imo, this is the bigger concern than the actual health impacts of this. Under 100k infected in us probably not that big of a deal. Million? I'd start getting concerned. Is there even a chance if it infecting enough people for this to be a concern? I dunno guess we'll see.

Considering this started in China... anybody find it weird that this is devastating on the elderly, which comprise 17% of the countries population. And scientists in China have also documented concerns about potential impacts to male fertility? Strange coincidence that that this started it's spread in an area struggling with overpopulation? I'm by no means a tinfoil hat guy, but it makes you think a little. Not much of a dent put in those numbers yet but if it keeps going?

Was pretty interesting to see the drop in pollution when huge chunks of China were quarantined

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:55 am

I saw the satellite map - simply unreal how big of a change it was.

Today they said Costco and Target were wiped out of supplies.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:25 am

Seems we are a little more level headed in MN as I stopped at Sam's yesterday to get some hamburger and protein bars and brats, it may have been slightly busier but plenty of everything no panic no one hoarding TP and water. We get a confirmed case we'll see how everyone is.

I kinda laugh, it comes down to it and we need food or water that bad I'll grab a gun and go shoot something and boil some water from one of our 10000 lakes

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:50 am

Zero.Zero% worried. None.

Wash your hands. Cover your cough. If you're healthy and have an intact immune system you'll be fine.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:31 am

The last GOOD Doomsday prediction was Jan 1, 2000

It existed because of unknown variables.

This Doomsday device has Social media and a US population with 50 million more people and a global population that is 1.8 BILLION people larger.

And we make stupid people at a far greater rate.

People need stress in their lives. In the absence of stress they make it up. Used to be, people ACTUALLY died. Now we don't really accept death.

1) too many people
2) too many stupid people
3) too many stupid people that think they are going to avoid dead
4) now add a 24 hour information stream being consumed by Stupid People and the we reach the current embarrassment of humanity

Less people, please. Earth is full.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:16 am

Wow thanks for the anxiety guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”