Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: Vikings 2021

Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:49 am

This is shaping up as a great season if you're into the Vikings "Champions of Choking" lore.....
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:10 am

This is truly the stuff of legend, and at this point I can't help but laugh.

+2 in the takeaway differential, no turnovers ourselves
kick return for a touchdown
interception in overtime
fake punt pulled off successfully

and we STILL lose. Has this ever happened before in the NFL???

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:29 pm

^^^ a VG question. I bet not.

Kubiak needs to be fired.
It happened last week and again yesterday on poor time management by him.
Right after Barr's interception in OT - a delay of game penalty - that's on Kubiak not getting in the play on time.
And we have a great WR in Thielen, how many times has he been targeted the last few games? That's on Kubiak too.
If I was the HC, Kubiak would be gone today. Then I'd tell Cousins - go get it done. And why not? as the Zim days are numbered, so may as well have some fun while you can...
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:12 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:This is truly the stuff of legend, and at this point I can't help but laugh.

+2 in the takeaway differential, no turnovers ourselves
kick return for a touchdown
interception in overtime
fake punt pulled off successfully

and we STILL lose. Has this ever happened before in the NFL???

Pete Bersich somehow found the stats for games in which teams had a plus two turnover differential and an extra team's touchdown....

106-4

Of the 110 times teams have done it previously, only four times did a team lose.....

.....and that's not factoring in the other stuff like one of the turnovers being in OT, fake punt, etc.

So the short answer to your question is:

No fukcing way.....there is no fukcing way any team has ever done what the Vikings did yesterday against Baltimore and still found a way to lose the game.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:13 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:^^^ a VG question. I bet not.

Right after Barr's interception in OT - a delay of game penalty - that's on Kubiak not getting in the play on time.
And we have a great WR in Thielen, how many times has he been targeted the last few games? That's on Kubiak too.
If I was the HC, Kubiak would be gone today. Then I'd tell Cousins - go get it done. And why not? as the Zim days are numbered, so may as well have some fun while you can...

Funny how of all the people in the NFL and college that could be considered for an OC and DC, Zimmer just happened to hire his own and his bets friends son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:41 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:^^^ a VG question. I bet not.

Funny how of all the people in the NFL and college that could be considered for an OC and DC, Zimmer just happened to hire his own and his bets friends son.

You both make some good points.

Kubiak Jr. should be the textbook example for why the Rooney Rule should extend to coordinators too. I'm all for some good old fashioned racism.....not really......I mean, I like to joke about hating njggers, and have a problem with njgger culture and "woke culture" trying to account against all the facts put out every year by the FBI crime statistics showing how disproportionately njggers behave like njggers.....

.....but then I feel bad for dudes like Tomlin or Leslie Frazier who are decent hard working and talented dudes who might otherwise get lumped in with the riff-raff....

Alright, I'm going with I'd rather see ten black candidates interviewed with any of them at or above the top four get the OC job than Kubiak Junior.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:12 am

Penalties are ALWAYS killers.

Mn had 107 yds penalties on 8 penalties.
MD had 56 yds in penalties on 9 penalties

The killer was the 42 yd penalty of Def pass interference at the end of the 2nd on MN by Woods - which if not for the penalty it would have been ruled intercepted by Dalzter. This penalty resulted in the next play of the ball on the 5 yd line and Ravens getting 7 points with 23 seconds left.

And there you have it - of why penalties are such killers on if you win a game or NOT.

Same can be said on last nights game on Bears, which had over 100 yds of penalties - and they lost even though they outplayed the Steelers. [to be clear - the NFLs new what constitutes "taunting" is pure BS - (and likely cost the Bears the game) as it was agreed by all the announcers that they did not see taunting happen.] And if it were not for that bad call - the Bears would be in front on MN with 4 and 5.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:57 am

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:40 pm

Whelp, any hope the Vikings or their fans had for making the playoffs is gone. No way that a team who just lost to Detroit is going to run the table the last five games which is what it'd take for them to get in.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:14 pm

Could we just be a regular embarrassment instead of a National embarrassment for once?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”