9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Re: who else goes turkey hunting?

Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:31 pm

I didn't apply this year, figured I would buy a license over the counter if I decide to go.....

As far as good eating, they're not terrible , depends how you make em, but one thing for sure , they're no Butterball from a store.....we usually have them smoked.......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:55 pm

emptymag wrote:Sit out in the ticks and mosquitoes to maybe get one shot at something that taste like the south end of a north bound horse. Yes I've shot some turkeys, probably won't ever do it again.

You think wild turkey tastes bad...you realize you're posting this on a duck hunting site, right? What do you do with your waterfowl?

I like eating ducks and geese but if I had to pick on over the other it'd be wild turkey nine times out of ten.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

bow-fishhunter
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:38 pm

Fish Felon wrote:
emptymag wrote:Sit out in the ticks and mosquitoes to maybe get one shot at something that taste like the south end of a north bound horse. Yes I've shot some turkeys, probably won't ever do it again.

You think wild turkey tastes bad...you realize you're posting this on a duck hunting site, right? What do you do with your waterfowl?

I like eating ducks and geese but if I had to pick on over the other it'd be wild turkey nine times out of ten.

He must have thought he was on the farm raised chicken forum.
If a man speaks in the forest and there no woman is around to hear him... is he still wrong???

tbuc
Coot Commander

Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:56 am

I've been hunting turkeys for about 20 years now - fought it for a while cause it interfered with trout fishing. Been addicted to it since the first day of the first year that I finally gave in and went. I have about a 90% success rate and have helped many, many people shoot their first turkeys. It can be stupid easy or very frustrating, depending on the day. But I have yet to eat one that wasn't about as good as what you buy in the store. I like duck too, but turkey is much more appealing to the wild game skeptics. I'll be out the last weekend of April again this year.

bow-fishhunter
Mergie Marauder

Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:30 pm

Another thing I forgot is scent. Turkeys don't care about scent but the deer do. I've had many times that turkeys were out in the field and a deer winded me and ran off with the turkeys.
If a man speaks in the forest and there no woman is around to hear him... is he still wrong???

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:25 am

5 days away from opener who is going out?

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:48 am

Fish Felon wrote:

Fish Felon, now that was funny....

bow-fishhunter
Mergie Marauder

Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:12 pm

mine starts in 20 days... and a baby due in 25

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:34 pm

Hopefully he or she doesn't come early! That could put an early end to turkey season

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:49 am

I have a license to hunt season B. That is next week Mon-Fri. Hoping I'll be able to hunt 2 or 3 mornings and at least one full day. Early weather predictions are saying mild and sunny!
Craigslist Prostaff

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”