emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Re: What do you do?

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:18 pm

Machinist. I work 12's and every other weekend.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

D.T. Hammer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:34 pm

chevyobsession wrote:Like the little says, what do you do to support your addiction or obsession with waterfowl hunting. I work at a feedlot that has about 8,000-10,000 head of cattle. Long hours and I work every other weekend but I love what I do and it pays decent. I really want to go back to school though. That way I can have a decent job with my weekends off.

Do you work for a farmer named Bob?
Buckthorn removal is easy with the buckthorn baggie :-)

D.T. Hammer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:40 pm

I'm a construction woker

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:17 am

D.T. Hammer wrote:I'm a construction woker

Good one Jon
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

chevyobsession
Coot Commander

Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:35 am

D.T. Hammer wrote:
Do you work for a farmer named Bob?

Nope. Guy who owns the place is named Tom Revere.

browningguy18
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:08 am

When I went to school for a natural resources degree I never wanted an office job, but after one year of working any job I could find (well I did take one fall off in between school and work to just hunt) I ended up taking a full time job as an Electrical Designer. Puts me in the office the majority of the time. I build models on a computer of electrical distributions of all different kinds. Right now I am going to school part time (night classes) for an electrical engineering degree.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:15 am

I smell like apples because of my work.
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Swartzy
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:27 am

Financial advisor. I can make my own schedule, so I try take most Fridays off in the fall to hunt and sometimes I'll schedule some out of town appointments that just happen to be close to good hunting.

D.T. Hammer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:47 am

greenheadlover wrote:I own/run an upholstery shop, and have upholstering for over 25 yrs, I specialize in "on-site" upholstery of dental chairs, chiropractic tables, medical exam tables etc.(rack up a lot miles covering 5 states and sometimes more) I also do a ton of custom boat interiors and covers, as well as some autos. (I choose not to touch any couches)It's great to be your own boss, but you don't have the steady fixed income like at a regular "employee" job to rely on, but on the other hand can somewhat dictate how much $ I want to make by how hard I feel like working

[url][/url]
http://ssupholstery.com/dental/

shameless plug if you need your vinyl boat cushions, or anything upholsters call this guy. First class work top of the line work by a first class dude!!!!

And don't be fooled this guy is a hard worker :-)

SpoonieSensation
Coot Commander

Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:27 am

One of the younger guys on here. I'll be graduating from college next fall and work at a company that some may know called Fastenal. I'm one of the bottom feeders in the warehouse. Orders come in for a specific number of nuts or bolts and I either bag them or box them. After that wonderful process I send it down a conveyor belt and move on to my next order. Busy in the summer and slows down during the fall.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”