Quack
Mergie Marauder

Re: Drought

Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:56 am

lickmyvowels wrote:[quote="Quack"]Our duck lake is way way low so we stuck a blind about 100 yards out on the sand bar compared to our permanent blinds.

If the lake comes up a couple inches we’ll have to pull the temporary blind.

Will be interesting to see how much rain we get this fall. I’d like to see the lake keep dropping and then get two feet of snow at thanksgiving to winterkill the fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Build some floats for the blind

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk[/quote]
It would need to be partially concealed by emergent vegetation, which wouldn’t be the case. But thanks.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:22 am

244 and no more "exceptional drought" in MN. A 37 point drought score drought. I guess it's true....what goes up must come down.......

Screenshot_20210923-091601_Chrome.jpg

Only a 9 point drop for NoDak down to 342, but similar to MN in that the "exceptional drought" is no more minus one tiny little sliver in extreme SW ND bordering Montana.

Screenshot_20210923-091856_Chrome.jpg

SD makes an 8 point drop and sits tied with MN at 244.

Screenshot_20210923-092111_Chrome.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:25 am

Quack wrote:
lickmyvowels wrote:
Quack wrote:Our duck lake is way way low so we stuck a blind about 100 yards out on the sand bar compared to our permanent blinds.

Will be interesting to see how much rain we get this fall. I’d like to see the lake keep dropping and then get two feet of snow at thanksgiving to winterkill the fish.

It would need to be partially concealed by emergent vegetation, which wouldn’t be the case. But thanks.

Secure a clump of cattails or bog to it.

By legal definition, a single strand of rice would make it "partially concealed by emergent vegetation." From a legal standpoint, the emergent vegetation rule is unenforceable.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lickmyvowels
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Drought

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:16 pm

Quack wrote:[quote="lickmyvowels"][quote="Quack"]Our duck lake is way way low so we stuck a blind about 100 yards out on the sand bar compared to our permanent blinds.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]Has to be that if on dry land also.

Sent from my moto g power (XT2041DL) using Tapatalk

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Drought

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:42 pm

lickmyvowels wrote:Has to be that if on dry land also.

I'm pretty sure the emergent vegetation.....

You know......you might be right.

If you're on a small mud flat or sand bar where you're entirely surrounded by water, I.E. where the water is coming up to within a few feet of the blind?

You might have to have emergent vegetation.

I'm going to pull the actual written rule and check....
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:46 pm

Straight from the regs....

Screenshot_20210923-124522_Drive.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:51 pm

Screenshot_20210923-124732_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20210923-124815_Drive.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:04 pm

So......

If you're on dry ground you're good to be out there in a box blind with no vegetation around you.

Once you float it you need to tie a clump of shit to it.....cattails and/or a piece of bog.

It's not that hard to pull a chunk of cattails and a stick and anchor the clump down next to your blind IMO. Pretty minor work that only takes a few minutes every so often compared to the time and work that went into building a blind. No CO is going to ticket you for it, especially if you're legal elsewhere. They might not like it, and know what you're up to......but I guarantee you that as long as you have a picture of the blind with said emergent vegetation.....even in the absolute worst case scenario of you catching some prick warden on a bad day and they cite you....any judge will dismiss it since under the letter of the law you're legal. You might be guilty of breaking the intention of the law, but that doesn't matter since you'd be legal under the written letter of the law.

The chance of a CO citing you.....in the small chance they come and check you while you're in the blind is very, very small IMO.

As with most things in life, it's all a matter of risk versus reward, and in this case?

If the spot is a good one I'd say the reward far outweighs the [rather minimal] risk.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lickmyvowels
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:26 pm

If you build a blind that's above ground you need natural vegetation to partially conceal the blind. It may be a a few blades of grass but there needs to be something growing there.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:48 pm

lickmyvowels wrote:If you build a blind that's above ground you need natural vegetation to partially conceal the blind. It may be a a few blades of grass but there needs to be something growing there.

Please cite your sources. I don’t break laws and this is news to me.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”