Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: Vikings 2019

Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:12 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:
Screenshot_20200923-222744.png

Love it

Now do the Brees/Brady game....

People love the football. I don’t think it’s gonna be doing anything besides making absurd amounts of money for a loooong time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:18 am

For the first time in my life time I've not watched a second of Vikings football. F'them.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:22 am

Hansen wrote:For the first time in my life time I've not watched a second of Vikings football. F'them.

X2..................going to be doing alot of Pheasant hunting this fall......F--- the National Felon League.............
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:04 am

but, but, but,....sports

You guys wanted to hang me for years because I've said the same stuff.

Welcome to freedom!

Now get outside more this fall.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:59 am

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:
Screenshot_20200923-222744.png

Love it

Now do the Brees/Brady game....

People love the football. I don’t think it’s gonna be doing anything besides making absurd amounts of money for a loooong time.

It really is by far the most fan friendly, easy to watch, most entertaining from a TV viewing standpoint. My mom can watch and still kind of enjoy it and understand when it's a big 3rd down, get excited for a 60 yard bomb that goes for a TD, wince when a safety puts a hard lick on a receiver....and still not be able to name off 2/3rds of the names of each players position if asked...maybe 3/4....maybe 4/5.

I'm surprised the ratings weren't a lot lower.

Even 8% is a big enough decline (if it sticks which I doubt it will) to mess up their TV deals. The NFL is like any other business in that it needs a constant rate of growth to sustain itself. 8% less viewers winds up being billions less when they ink TV deals.

It could wind up hurting them but it probably won't. Like you said, people love football. I'm looking forward to watching the gophers but I won't be watching any NFL.

Hey, do you know why Iowa doesn't have an NFL team?

Because then MN would want one too.....

Going to be a long and very uninteresting season for vikings fans.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:23 am

On Sunday afternoons I'm going to go duck hunting or fishing. I will not spend a second watching those clowns.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:45 am

Did any of you guys actually stay in to watch the Vikings? I bleed purple but I never once watched a game when I had better chit to do outside.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:51 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Did any of you guys actually stay in to watch the Vikings? I bleed purple but I never once watched a game when I had better chit to do outside.

I did for years, my Sundays were always scheduled around NASCAR and the NFL, had to be home ducks cleaned and soaking in water before noon kick off.............sad to say that's what my life had been like till this year.....not so much anymore.....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:52 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Did any of you guys actually stay in to watch the Vikings? I bleed purple but I never once watched a game when I had better chit to do outside.

Never, not once.

I listened to way more games driving around jump shooting/scouting or in the boat. I've got Verizon so I could watch any game on my phone anywhere. Using velcro I had my phone on my boat dash next to my depthfinder and watched quite a few games while trolling for walleyes or in the ice house.

That's the part some guys (cough cough emptymag cough don't get....the camaraderie. There's so few things we do together anymore. Even when in an ice house fishing together quite often guys are self-abdorbed. Staring at a circle and watching their electronics and playing on the phone. Culturally, a football game represents one of the few things that gets everyone's attention and you follow it all together in real time rooting for the same outcome.

It'd kind of sad that football is one of the instances in society like that that's left.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:22 pm

It looks like the Vikings choked and are 0-3....Yesss!

I hope they go 0-16 and this season will be known as the "George Floyd Curse."

I hope they never win another game until taking down the mural of that degenerate piece of shit overdose statistic.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”