Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: Vikings 2019

Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:16 pm

Looks like tanking is back on the menu boys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:53 pm

Is the mural still up? Haven't watched/listened/read since halftime at the pack vike game

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:55 pm

I don't know if it is....I assumed it was up for the season if not permanently.

Tank for Trevor? I'm not big on Trevor Lawrence which means he'll probably be the greatest QB ever....would you guys take him if you're making the call and have the first overall pick?

We all should have predicted the team being terrible since resigning your QB, Coach, and GM to new multi-year deals in the off-season after winning a playoff game.....

....and then being just fukcing putrid is about as vikings as it gets.

I was fine with the QB and Coach, would've been equally fine to preferring they play the season out, but the GM?

How is Spielman still GM? He's fukcing terrible. This team has had the O-line as their biggest weakness, by far, the past several seasons and he's done nothing to address it. You've got a pocket passer QB who isn't very mobile and can be easily rattled, a running back you just paid, and you're putting them behind an O-line that can't block......any idiot can see what part of the team needs to be addressed and wasn't WR. Diggs was a late rounder, Thielen undrafted, same with Johnson. Besides with Moss and Percy Harvin when have the vikes ever hit on a first round receiver?

I'll say it again and I'll never stop saying it....

Any GM that reaches for a QB with the twelfth overall pick that every other team has at the bottom of the second round to top of the third needs to be shit-canned when they turn out to be trash. Spielman should've been sent packing the same day Ponder got his papers to walk......
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:12 pm

Totally agree on your assessment about Spielman. He’s drafted so few OL during his tenure, and the ones he has drafted have been atrocious. Kalil, trash. Beavers, cut as a 4th rounder. Elflien, trash. O’Neill seems pretty decent, and it’s too early to say on Bradbury.

So many busts like Ponder and Treadwell, but everyone only seems to remember he drafted Harrison.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:52 pm

IMO hitting on any first round pick should never earn you praise. First and second round picks should be expected to start immediately and be at least average with all signs pointing to them becoming impact players over the next couple seasons.

Spielman has traded back into the first round so many times....and those picks should be automatic starting players every single time. He's missed on a shitload of first and second rounders. I'm guessing at least half of them.

What separates a longterm GM from one that gets canned after a few seasons is their ability to find diamonds in the rough. There's pro-bowl all-NFL talent found throughout the entirety of the draft. Third and fourth rounders should routinely be getting playing time after a year on the sidelines and getting coached up....that isn't supposed to be an anomaly.

The turnstile-esque O-line is beyond inexcusable at this point. I would've been fine with the first five picks being O-Lineman. Fuggit....draft a whole new one and figure three will work out longterm and then be picking up a few in the free agent market for the short term. Grabbing the LSU receiver was fukcing retarded. Unless he's the second coming of Randy Moss that pick should've never been pondered....pun intended. WR is a position the team isn't in need of shoring up. So what Diggs is gone? Thielen was basically out or limited all of last season so him being back is an addition and between him, Johnson, Rudolph, Smith Jr., and Cook all being able to get separation and have good enough hands to catch it....why in the hell would you be worried about WR if you're GM with that crew and your O-Line a sieve? Spielman is like everyone else in not having the faintest clue how to evaluate the rookie WR since the QB throwing to him sucks due to not having time to throw the ball.

I also feel like it needs to be noted that Spielman's biggest diamond in the rough was only found by luck. The only reason why an undrafted Thielen was given a shot was because he's a Minnesotan that played his college ball in the same city the team held their training camp at for decades. It was a homer move with the only intention being a press release that would get Mankato and the state more excited and gain interest. Had Thielen grown up in River Falls and played his college Ball at LaCrosse no fukcing way does he ever get a shot with the team. The notion that Spielman should be given any sort of credit for finding an undrafted pro-bowl level talent is absolutely retarded.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:33 am

Oh people bring up him drafting diggs in the 5th like it was some great find. It was pure luck! If he knew Diggs was going to become what he is, he wouldn’t have waited until ROUND 5 to draft him. So stupid.

He’s had so many bad first and second round picks. Mackenzie Alexander didn’t play past his rookie contract. At best he was average. Same with Trae Waynes and he was a first rounder.

Cordarrele was a WR that didn’t live up to expectations. Sharif Floyd sucked and never played. Chris Cook was so terrible. Tony Gerhart in the 2nd round when we had Adrian Peterson LOLOLOL.

Mike Hughes has had a neck injury, but when he’s been in, he’s looked really bad. People were literally touting his return skills when we drafted him. Who in the actual fu(k drafts a 1st round CB who is set to be your starter to be a kick returner!

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:37 am

Phuck the Vikes...........I hope they all get covid.....................
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:00 pm

Big ouchie last week. Fees bad man.

I know y’all aren’t watching football. But the Vikings/Sea Hawks game doubled the viewership of game 6 of the NBA finals. Crazy when put in that context.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:03 pm

One less thing to "worry" about I guess. Caught wind they f'd up bad but had no urge to watch, look at recaps, etc. Don't know what happened don't care

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:05 pm

My bro in law was talking to me about it Sunday morning he just couldn't understand how I could completely walk away from following. He's a huge sports nut

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”