Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:55 am

This pic isn’t from the last week, but is this not he most Minnesota duck hunter thing you’ve ever seen? Dude pulling a duck boat out of a swamp on a paved road, truck in both lanes, grain trucks trying haul, and this dude is taking his sweet ass time loading his boat. He’s probably a MN Fowl poster. [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191119/eecab633bbec1589561a5dabadffb3d2.plist[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:33 pm

This was our camp. The tide would come up with in 15 feet of our tents. Dealing with 20' tide swings can be a bit of a pain gotta run all long lines and pull them up as the tide comes up

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
official sour toe member number 52,814

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:54 pm

Kwack......Hell of a nice bunch of ducks, had couple cousins from Hutchinson Mn that went to Alaska duck hunting few years back and said it was a blast......

Grizzly country ??
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:46 pm

Nah. Black bears around. In the spring in that area though.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:40 pm

Heck of a pile Kwack!

How late in the year do you typically hunt ducks in AK?

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:36 pm

You can hunt them all the way until it closes which is december 14th i believe. Granted after late october 90% of the hunting is done in the salt. I took my boat home from homer in september and got a heater put in it. I didnt want to haul it back to homer for the hunt so we got a water taxi which was super cheap to get over to where we camped and hunted. The later in the year you can hunt in the salt the better it is because it allows more ducks to hit the wintering areas but then you have to really watch the weather/ freezing spray. When they picked us up sunday we were going through 5-8 foot seas to get back to homer. My buddies are going to spend more on their mounts then the trip itself cost them most likely.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:43 pm

kwackkillncrew wrote: When they picked us up sunday we were going through 5-8 foot seas to get back to homer.

5-8 foot seas does not sound like much fun but I'm sure the equipment they had was made for that, and if you do that alot I'm sure they're very good at it, but wouldn't be for me.......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:39 pm

We were in a 35' catamaran wide and super stable i was not worried at all. Just because the seas were that big doesnt make it dangerous. The space between the waves is what makes it bad. Once the waves start stacking up is when it can get pretty dangerous. The captain was actually on his phone making arrangements for other days when he was boating us back. My buddies from mn had some pretty big eyes on that ride back though. It takes alot for me to get sea sick. It only happened once and we were out late the nigth before and when we were heading out it was super foggy and i couldnt see the land and thats what i normally use to navigate to the spot we were going to fish. Had to call it quits and let my buddy drive the last 5 miles.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:31 pm

Now's the time....where shit gets real....where seasonal depression isn't just "a thing" but a struggle against suicide....

Screenshot_20191122-202958_Gallery.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:43 pm

Beats suicide....barely.......

Screenshot_20191122-204254_One UI Home.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”