Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:07 pm

Quack wrote:Drunk Dynasty.... has Lyme Disease been on your radar? Over half of the people don’t even know they’ve been bitten by a deer tick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got tested for Lymes, celiac, some other shit too.

Thinking I should start trying a more strict diet and see if that helps but my discipline is complete dogsh1t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:50 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Thats a bummer man. I had some weird health stuff in 2016, aches n pains, wild ass pulsatile tinnitus in my right ear, stomach issues, lymph nodes always being tender. really felt like I was paying a shitload of money for the privilege of being told there’s nothing wrong with me. These issues still come and go but I’m mostly just living with it. Now that my HSA is finally replenished 4 years later, I might go back but I doubt it. I don’t need any kind of pat on the head or sympathy for health care providers, but some of these doctors really rub me the wrong way. One literally checked her cellphone in the middle of a visit and tried to be sneaky about it.

western medicine is really great for fixing you up in an ER but for hard to diagnose issues it’s only good for extracting every last penny from you. It really seems like most doctors could not be interested in any challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Exactly. They are like modern mechanics. If they can't hook up a computer and have it spit out what's wrong...it's throw parts at it, at the customers expense and time, til its "fixed".

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:12 am

My catfish stocking is working. It's amazing how in the summer they'll just absolutely smash your bait, but in winter they can consistently pick your bait (minnow head) of the forage minnow or buckshot spoon your jigging to where you think they're crappies....until they bend your pole in half and start pulling out drag. I had an even bigger one up the hole the weekend before, face with air surrounding it and no longer water, and the fukcer snapped me off right there before I could hit the deck and grab it. I've lost a couple more good sized fish. They make for a lot of excitement and a hell of a fight on 4lbs test. It's also amazing how hard they are to get a good hook set. I'll rip it and make just a beauty of a hookset only to have it feel like I just tried to dig into a cinder block. Unless you get then at the edge of their mouth, fleshy edge or even fleshier corners (one last I got it at the base of it's whisker)....unless you get a little luck you're probably not getting shit. You don't realize how much their mouths are bones until you're vertically fishing for them with a tiny spoon and treble. Usually on the river they crush it....well, I'd say 50/50 they do....half the time they sit and bump it, pick at it, keep your rod tip looking like it's writing morse code.....half the time your rod tip suddenly gets bent over like a bow gets pulled back and the fish is already on when you grab it after inhaling the bait deep.

Anyways, I'm really happy my program has been a success. Now it's time to ramp it up and really reap the benefits.

They're not surviving---they are Thriving. Look how fat this fukcer is!
Screenshot_20200219-013658_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200219-013809_Gallery.jpg

Still catching crappies too....lots and lots of dinks this past weekend with only a handful of nice ones mixed in.....no bueno.....still a lot of fun.....
20200219_015505.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:18 am

Been a good year for bass on the tip-ups....

20200219_015324.jpg

Mille Lacs was a shit show this weekend. "Fishing for Ducks" tournament was going. Garrison Bay became the second biggest community in the area after only Brainerd/Baxter.....
Screenshot_20200219-014111_Gallery.jpg

What a beautiful weekend, and perfect timing since we had fifteen people at the cabin Saturday night....oh what fun! This winter has been so much better than the last two. It started off shitty but the weather since New Years has been pretty nice. The weekends have been relatively warm and sunny and my cabin fever has been light to non-existent this year....Thank God
Screenshot_20200219-014719_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:22 pm

Sweet!

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:54 pm

Hold on....you have a ice house in MN and you don't have anything camo in it??????? What am I missing?
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:01 pm

emptymag wrote:Hold on....you have a ice house in MN and you don't have anything camo in it??????? What am I missing?

I'm closet homosexual......

........Hahaha! Just fukcing with you! It's kind of funny, but more gross than anything....just like Pete Buttigieg.

"Butt I Gieg"
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:03 pm

But in all seriousness, I find camo to be absolutely hideous. It's disgusting to look at....far too busy to be pleasant, dark, and just hideous. If I had to look at camo in my ice house I'd probably try to kill someone.

Flat bluish gray...nice solid, bright, and pleasant to look at. ;)
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:12 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:I never go...unless it's "serious" like this and even when it's serious can't get any answers, clear plan forward, etc. We'll just do a bunch of procedures and see if we can figure something out eventually. Today was far from enlightening.

Do the test for ALL allergies, (from bees to wheat germ to dog dander, etc ) You'll find out if lactose intolerant, etc. You may be surprised with the results. At any rate you'll know what to avoid, and may narrow down what the heck is really going on.

Also do a Lyme test.
While you are at it, have you have a PSA test yet. (indicator for prostate cancer), Then possibly do a colonoscopy (again narrowing down what the heck is going with your guts) - as you ARE getting to that age when this stuff needs to be tested for.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

recker7676
Mergie Marauder

Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:28 pm

Hit the pheasant farm today. Nice weather and got the 10 I had put out. Fun.
20200222_145656.jpg
20200222_145837.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”