9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Re: Deer Hunting

Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:16 pm

Nice Deer................Congrats to him !!
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:58 am

-5 Tuesday. That sucked.

New spot has promise. I hate being a Chump on a Stump. Stands next year and knowledge of the area should lead to more success.

Guy we met has been hunting the area about 20 years. He doesn't see a lot of deer, rarely gets one.

If we had stands would have been done Sunday morning in 2- half days.

I don't understand people that do something for 20 years, apparently suck at it, but don't make changes.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:47 am

Why try to get better at something when you can blame the DNR and/or wolves?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:12 am

lanyard wrote:-5 Tuesday. That sucked.

New spot has promise. I hate being a Chump on a Stump. Stands next year and knowledge of the area should lead to more success.

Guy we met has been hunting the area about 20 years. He doesn't see a lot of deer, rarely gets one.

I don't understand people that do something for 20 years, apparently suck at it, but don't make changes.

Done or hunting more weekends?

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:42 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:
lanyard wrote:-5 Tuesday. That sucked.

Done or hunting more weekends?

I was going to head to a buddies farm this weekend for bonus permits but the Family Plans are messed up with the later deer opener. I'm guessing I'm done for the year.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:06 pm

Same thing every year...deer go nocturnal stop showing themselves and everyone wonders why. They walk to stands in bacon and beer drenched clothing 15 min after shooting opens, exit stands 10 min of shooting time left, and wander the woods to push them to each other. Wish they could understand the concept of pressure and human precense pushing deer from an area and onto other farms that don't have Hunter harassment...they can never grasp it. But they are over 60 and will be forever stuck in their ways.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:48 pm

Yahhhh some people don’t get it. It can be tough. My uncle knows I bow hunt out land and then takes his dog for a run through our 20 acre patch of woods all week when he lives literally right across from a WPA literally 10 times the size. Doesn’t think it matters.

I punched my tag with a small buck in Nebraska on the 13th. would have hunted this weekend in MN but we’ll... my gf would have been crabby and I’m sick of driving. I’ll try to get out with my bow if it’s not too brutally cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:25 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Same thing every year...deer go nocturnal stop showing themselves and everyone wonders why. They walk to stands in bacon and beer drenched clothing 15 min after shooting opens, exit stands 10 min of shooting time left, and wander the woods to push them to each other. Wish they could understand the concept of pressure and human precense pushing deer from an area and onto other farms that don't have Hunter harassment...they can never grasp it. But they are over 60 and will be forever stuck in their ways.

Yeah. I'm an "In the stands by 6:00" guy, never leave the woods until after shooting time. My uncle I hunt with is a "When I can/can't see" type.

The thing I miss most about having a private spot is being able to head out when I want, not waiting on others.
Last edited by lanyard on Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:39 am

Needless to say not many deer showing themselves this weekend. I saw 3. Probably take my stand down shortly get home at dark to do a few things.

See what's moving closer to home this week since my dad filled wouldn't feel bad asking to borrow his muzzleloader maybe get out a few times

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:01 pm

IMG_20191215_151524822-1638x1229.jpg
For something to do went and pulled the one game cam I had left down today, one decent one was around and survived gun season at least last pic I had of him was 11/22. Lots of yotes may have to do something about that

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”