Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: Post a picture you took in the last week.

Thu Feb 17, 2022 12:21 pm

Round trip flight to Cabo was around $550. This was kind of a spur of the moment trip so I did not book far in advance so you may find cheaper.

Airbnb condo was less than $100 day per person. Would have been less if we had 4 people but my one buddy couldn’t make it due to expired passport. I think the hotels close the marina are similar priced.

One boat was $525 for the full day and the other was $600. We could have had 4 people on the boat so you do the math. Very cheap imo. Tip not included in this price.

You can rent a smaller boat (penga) with a captain that could fish a couple of guys for $100-200 a day total for the boat but can’t go out as far as they run smaller motors. You don’t need to go far for a chance at all of the species. We caught some of our fish right out of the marina.

Food, booze, transportation and other expenses is super cheap compared to the states. Much better food as well. It is a safe area and not overly touristy and still has a local Mexican feel if you get away from the marina. I was surprised that their grocery stores are way nicer than ours and also way cheaper.

I have been to a few places to fish in Florida, Alaska and Texas and this was way cheaper. I also liked the whole experience way better than Florida or Texas.

Best fishing is spring and fall. Each season offers different species to target. If you want to do a winter trip early December would be best. We are planning to go back around thanksgiving. Everyone said October is best which is obviously tough timing for a mn duck hunter. If my duck hunting keeps going like last season October might not be out of the cards. Do not go around a full moon.

We saw hundreds of whales. Some breached 20 feet from the boat. Whales are most prevalent in the winter.

I can see this being an annual trip for me going forward. I loved it down there. So much more stuff to do and see on future trips.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:47 pm

That all sounds awesome. I'm going to have to seriously think about it. I'm not very flush cash-wise currently, but looking ahead to next year....it's one of those things you just make happen....since what's the price you want to put on your sanity?

Back in Frozen Loserville, USA.....

My cats get geeked whenever a cardinal shows up at the bird feeder. Yay winter time fun!

Screenshot_20220217-123845_Gallery.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:23 pm

20220218_192007.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:27 pm

Fish Felon wrote:My cats get geeked whenever a cardinal shows up at the bird feeder. Yay winter time fun!

Well THAT explains all I need to know about you - you are a cat person.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:32 pm

My plan to get the car to mash its face against the glass has worked out better than I could have even imagined. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:49 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:
Fish Felon wrote:My cats get geeked whenever a cardinal shows up at the bird feeder. Yay winter time fun!

Well THAT explains all I need to know about you - you are a cat person.

Uh, you're just realizing that I'm a cat person?

I'm actually a dog and cat person....liking one doesn't inhibit your ability to like the other.

Technically I'm a "nothing person," in regards to pets but I'm sure you'll use this opportunity to take another cheap shot at me.....

The dog I had for fifteen years prior to putting it down, and the cats that overlapped with it?

All the results of ex-bitches getting pets while we were together, them being cruel...icy cold women....the animals naturally loving me a lot more than them since I'm a warm and compassionate human being.....and thus me winding up with their pets after I kicked them to the curb for being bitches.....such shitty human beings they couldn't even take care of the animals they wanted as a way to feel less empty.

If that makes me a cat person?

So be it....
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:53 pm

Picture me writing that last post with my phone in my hand after my cat "Blondie" came up and snuggled with me h2ofwlr.....

....because I'm a nice person whereas you're somewhat cold and prickly.

Why? What happened to you that caused you to put up such a rough exterior Al?

Screenshot_20220223-195053_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:55 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:My plan to get the car to mash its face against the glass has worked out better than I could have even imagined. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Niiiiiiice!!!!

It's good to see others creating "Cat TV" for their cats too.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:57 pm

Poor fukcers.....

Screenshot_20220223-195535_Gallery.jpg

My car was running in the driveway to warm up when this was taken....there was nine of them that showed up by the time I walked out to head into town.

Screenshot_20220223-195553_Gallery.jpg

I knew we were going to get a shitload of snow when I took this picture on Sunday morning. Whenever the squirrels show up to the feeder en masse? Lots-O-Snow on the way....

Screenshot_20220223-195924_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:47 pm

Fish Felon wrote:Why? What happened to you that caused you to put up such a rough exterior Al?[/attachment]

ex GF had a cat

Asshole owners let their cats out to prey on song and game birds.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”