Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Re: What’s everyone doin?

Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:51 am

Here's an actual underwater shot of the one crappie crib that's in the painting....
Screenshot_20200327-024909_Gallery.jpg
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:28 am

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Lol damn

Thinking about heading up ice fishing one last time any input on ice conditions NC part of state, like Longville area? Trying to decide if it's even worth it to bring wheeler or just hike it on foot

I’d bring the wheeler. I was driving a full size truck out north of rapids last weekend and it was fine. I was out on a lake last night closer to home and it’s great for a wheeler but I’d be nervous in a truck.

I’m itching to get the boat out. Hopefully the rain this weekend will knock down the rest of the snow so I can get at her.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:00 am

Nershi wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Lol damn

Thinking about heading up ice fishing one last time any input on ice conditions NC part of state, like Longville area? Trying to decide if it's even worth it to bring wheeler or just hike it on foot

I’d bring the wheeler. I was driving a full size truck out north of rapids last weekend and it was fine. I was out on a lake last night closer to home and it’s great for a wheeler but I’d be nervous in a truck.

I’m itching to get the boat out. Hopefully the rain this weekend will knock down the rest of the snow so I can get at her.

Thanks! Now gf says weather gonna be crappy and we shouldn't go lol. We'll see

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:49 pm

All done......FINALLY!!

By far the most time I've spent on a painting thus far.....

Screenshot_20200328-164830_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:12 pm

Corona lol

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:55 am

Nice painting.

Where’s the natti seltz?

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:24 am

Had to do Corona for the piece I painted during the Great Pandemic caused by the novel coronavirus.

Lots of symbolism in the piece. The water column lighting resembles COVID19....it looms ominously over the crappies entire world, feeling it's presence is inescapable even for a brief moment despite that it's not literally there....but at the same time it's presence is always there....making the crappies go about their daily business knowing in the back of their heads it could strike at any moment. The bottom right crappie is the only one outside the presence of the coronavirus and is trying to stay in front of it, even willing to go down to the darkest and deepest depths to run from it, knowing that it can't escape it and eventually it too will have it's life overtaken by the virus without being fully aware that it already has.

Easter eggs in order of obviousness:

1. Corona beer cans
2. 19 crappies for CV19
3. Bottom splitshot is the horizontal on the line and thus impossible (I painted them both that way not realizing it until later...I've always just mindlessly put split shots on, it's not something you pay attention to when doing like tying a hook...one of those things you've done a million times but never cognitively imprint on your brain because it's so simple and mindless, like misplacing car keys by setting them down somewhere without it registering. Once I noticed and corrected the top one I figured I'd deliberately leave the second one being an impossibility and see how many people notice).
4. The outline/shape of the novel coronavirus engulfing the whole painting, thus the whole world
5. Last but not least is a crank pipe since I've smoked a lot of crank and thrown the pipes down the hole on many occasions just like beer cans.

20200330_001503.jpg

5988555_coronavirus-thumb-img-COVID-01.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:41 am

Lighting is better in this one imo.....

Screenshot_20200329-183737_Gallery.jpg
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

bigdog
Coot Commander

Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:27 am

That is a very nice painting, my compliments. Reminds me of the Les Kouba style which I have always been fond. I'm not artistic and am lucky if I can paint a wall....

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:40 pm

You like hooking minnows through the back for crappies? That your go to?

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”