Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Re: Teal Season UPDATE ! ! !

Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:34 am

h2ofwlr wrote:
Fish Felon wrote: Way to go Brad Nylin on using the organization as a mouthpiece to voice your own opinion.

That is not true. He as ED voiced what the BoD of the MWA decided.
His personal view is different.

When I discussed the MWA's stance on the teal season with Brad, he made no mention of his personal view being different than that of the board.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:39 am

Quack wrote:You guys know how corporations work right? Shareholders, voting, and the like.

Ripping or boycotting MWA ain't gonna get them on your side. Money talks.

How about a membership drive in the spirit of a "hostile corporate takeover" where you initiate or re-up your membership with a note saying you expect MWA to advocate for hunter opps.

How much is the MWA worth?
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:31 am

NOTHING....... our DNR is a mamas boy..... WIS DNR says we can't look a gift horse is the mouth it took 50 years to get offered a season lets take it and if it doesn't work stop.
Last edited by ducksmuggler on Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:03 am

Trigger wrote:
Quack wrote:You guys know how corporations work right? Shareholders, voting, and the like.

Ripping or boycotting MWA ain't gonna get them on your side. Money talks.

How about a membership drive in the spirit of a "hostile corporate takeover" where you initiate or re-up your membership with a note saying you expect MWA to advocate for hunter opps.

How much is the MWA worth?

How much siht can you hold in one hand?
Dominate The Skies.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:04 am

Trigger wrote:
Bullet21XD wrote::lol:

The MWA can go away any time. Don't do siht anyway. .

WHAT?!?!? Have you not seen the effects of that one can of black spray they bought??? It allowed them to stencil "MWA" on the sides of nesting structures along hwy 212!!! It's flocking majestic!

Uhhhhhhhhh, that wasn't likely "MWA" it was probably fowler trying to give them free advertising. He may be a member, but he sure ain't the MWA !
:lol:

fowlmind
I'll Swat Your Decoys

Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:32 am

If the reason for this season is because there is a surplus of teal and the Feds really want to offer it up but are concerned with the non teal being shot. Change our format again and let us open our regular season the 1st of Sept. Have a 2 day season where we use 2 of our regular days for it. The rules would be regular season bag limit plus a 6 teal limit.

triplecurler
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:36 am

I was a member of MWA once, I least I thin I was. I sent them money for a membership and never saw or heard from them again. Propbably a member vacationing somewhere on the membership dues. What has the MWA done anyway. Is it a private club, something like spanky's He man women haters club?
Ask Al how to successfully nest wood ducks, see you next season.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:00 am

triplecurler wrote:What has the MWA done anyway.

Stopped duck hunters in MN from getting more opportunities to go duck hunting.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

molkster
I came here for the barrel sticker

Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:22 am

I am on the board for MN Waterfowl Assoc.. When asked by Outdoor News what MWA's stance was on the Early Teal season we went back to our members and anyone else who we knew were waterfowler's, "Do you want an Early Teal season?" 80 percent said no, some said they did't care
and very few wanted it. In the Mississippi Flyway. Minnesota shoots over 30 % of the Teal.
That is a lot. Most Southern states such as Louisianna allow a mistake bird. " That there Canvasback
shore looked like a Teal to me officer." Many of our hunters expressed to me that in late August
many Teal that were in the late hatch as of last year are still growing and trying to put on the
fat for there long journey south, some as far away as South America.
This is my first time on one of these sites. If you feel you want your message heard join a waterfowl
organization and voice your opinion as a group. We will take your message to the DNR and the Legislature, Thanks for caring about the ducks.
Molkster

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:25 am

all this good bad and anti hunting( anti teal) just tells me that we MN duck hunters DO NOT have a leg letting the DNR know how we feel. The DNR takes their own road... pot calling the kettle black but after spending 3 days at my family's hunting camp in Manitoba with our DNR commissioner

go the next level up if you don't get what you want to here!!!!
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”