shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Re: Ideas

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:38 pm

This thread has been entertaining, but its now breaking one of the few rules this board has.

I can only ask that you guys edit your posts to remove the blatant personal attacks and be a little more tactful with your approach, I'd hate for someone to get offended and have to lock this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

StuStiltman
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:51 pm

Just like the rest of you my only understanding of what happened that night is from one side of the story. Given the detailed account and the long, long responses hes posted id tend to believe the account about the kiddo is true. I think randy should be cut some slack, Im assuming the story about saving the child is true, don't have a reason to believe otherwise. When a child's life is endangered you can't blame someone for taking a (no offense) extremely negitave view of someone else's response to the situation whether or not the other guy knew exactly what was going on, even if past infractions have led to hard feelings between the 2.
I had my life saved by medical professionals before, (im sure many here have also). I don't care if they were nurses or doctors or whatever randy may be, I'm greatfull.
If Randy's tail about the kid is true (I'm not saying I don't believe it, but I wasn't there) then I think we should all ask ourselves when was the last time I saved a life. Maybe be a little more tactful in responses.
Randy, thanks for saving the kids life, sorry about the situation with your neighbor.

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:16 pm

Removed for sake of privacy
Last edited by randywatson on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:27 pm

And you cant offend me. Ya dont think ive heard every male nurse joke or stereotype. Keep it open. Id like to see who the toughest guy is on here behind their big keyboard
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Ideas

Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:24 pm

Some people are pretentious.

How many times does it need to be brought up in a single email or letter that a child's life was saved? Think he figured that out.

Originally I somewhat sided with you, not so much anymore. The way you, your friend and your neighbor behaved/reacted is in no way right.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:31 pm

randywatson wrote:And you cant offend me

You're right. I agree with you since it is impossible to offend someone who has no decency and is incapable of self-reflection.

I read your post before you pulled it...so what do you and your butt hurt friend want? A medal, or a chest to pin it on?

You and your friends must smoke a lot of crack up at the lake.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Bullet21XD
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:44 am

:lol:
Dominate The Skies.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:23 am

Got into a bad situation this past weekend and a co could have nailed all our butts to the wall. I got in between the co and a kid trying to protect the kid, I'm a hero. A friend pulled the leo card, he's a hero. Plus we all pulled our pants down, grabbed our ankles and didn't try to defend our actions. Even though we could of had a laundry list of reasons for doing what we did. We stood there and fully expected to get nailed. The co appreciated we didn't try and excuse our actions and we were upfront and honest with the guy.

Short story long, we were in a bad situation. We had many reasons and feelings about what happened. But in the end our actions had consequences.

I don't think anyone is saying this guy was in the right with the situation with the kid, that is in piss poor taste.

But it is also in piss poor taste to admit you are only allowed one camper but believe he is not within his right to not want you to have multiple campers, when as a neighbor he has every right. He may have been somewhat ok with it at one point in time, but what lead up to him not being ok with it? There's always more to the story than the feel bad for me because we had a terrible situation. I could list you a lot of terrible crap that's happened to my family in the last 7 years and you would really feel bad for us, but we are all still here and I am very grateful for that. I don't want pity. Gratitude and selflessness go a long way. Gratitude is not patting yourself on the back for doing something in your field, that's called doing your job and something you are trained for. It's great that you save lives and I appreciate all the doctors and nurses that have worked on many of my family members over the last decade. But like I tell my oldest kid who has an over inflated ego, you really are the best at humility. He gets the gist of it right quick. He really struggles with pride.

Talked to the co for a long, long time and he turned out to be one h e l l of a guy. We took it like a man and communicated with the guy like human beings face to face and he was one of the coolest guys I've met in a long time. He gave us a lot of great tips and stuff I would have never thought about in multiple areas. First co in a long time that I learned a ton from.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:23 am

get-n-birdy wrote:Got into a bad situation this past weekend and a co could have nailed all our butts to the wall. I got in between the co and a kid trying to protect the kid, I'm a hero. A friend pulled the leo card, he's a hero. Plus we all pulled our pants down, grabbed our ankles and didn't try to defend our actions. Even though we could of had a laundry list of reasons for doing what we did. We stood there and fully expected to get nailed. The co appreciated we didn't try and excuse our actions and we were upfront and honest with the guy.

Short story long, we were in a bad situation. We had many reasons and feelings about what happened. But in the end our actions had consequences.

I don't think anyone is saying this guy was in the right with the situation with the kid, that is in piss poor taste.

But it is also in piss poor taste to admit you are only allowed one camper but believe he is not within his right to not want you to have multiple campers, when as a neighbor he has every right. He may have been somewhat ok with it at one point in time, but what lead up to him not being ok with it? There's always more to the story than the feel bad for me because we had a terrible situation. I could list you a lot of terrible crap that's happened to my family in the last 7 years and you would really feel bad for us, but we are all still here and I am very grateful for that. I don't want pity. Gratitude and selflessness go a long way. Gratitude is not patting yourself on the back for doing something in your field, that's called doing your job and something you are trained for. It's great that you save lives and I appreciate all the doctors and nurses that have worked on many of my family members over the last decade. But like I tell my oldest kid who has an over inflated ego, you really are the best at humility. He gets the gist of it right quick. He really struggles with pride.

Talked to the co for a long, long time and he turned out to be one h e l l of a guy. We took it like a man and communicated with the guy like human beings face to face and he was one of the coolest guys I've met in a long time. He gave us a lot of great tips and stuff I would have never thought about in multiple areas. First co in a long time that I learned a ton from.

So what did you guys do wrong?

Sounds like you handled it right, when you're caught best thing to do is man up and take it.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:55 am

randywatson wrote:Id like to see who the toughest guy is on here behind their big keyboard

It's me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”