gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: What kind of truck do you drive?

Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Trigger wrote:
gimpfinger wrote:
Drunk_Dynasty wrote:Life presented me with a very difficult decision to make. Have any chance at all at getting a laid, or be able to hunt ducks.

This was my decision.

Had a dodge gran caravan, best hunting vehicle I ever had. Still have it if it wasn't for some blind ol hag that can't see anything 50 feet away. State took her license after I t-boned her.

Sent from the bush outside your bedroom window.

My all time favorite hunting vehicle was a '91 Honda Civic. Got 28mph while towing my duck boat loaded with decoys and a layout boat strapped to the roof. Not one time did that car keep me from getting to where I wanted to hunt, drove it through muddy prairie trails in Nodak, corn fields, blizzards... front wheel drive on a light car is like 4wd low on a big truck. The truck I have now is the last one I will ever own.

I made a rack on top of the van for a boat. A 11 foot John fit on it perfect. Made if look like a conversion van with it on there.

Sent from the bush outside your bedroom window.
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:35 pm

dwendt wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Heres a couple short videos, one from around 50 mph one from around 45 mph. I know its not what you want but its what I got. I don't care enough to bother a friend to come video me doing it, this was just done on the way home from work. Its obvious the tires slip and the rpm's/speedo spike in both videos. Point is the truck moves and tows like a freight train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi-l8ah-v_M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u93LOVUU43c

You'll have to try in the summer, the one where you start videoing the road first looks slick but who knows

:lol: Its not important to me, is what it is.

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:35 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:
dwendt wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:Heres a couple short videos, one from around 50 mph one from around 45 mph. I know its not what you want but its what I got. I don't care enough to bother a friend to come video me doing it, this was just done on the way home from work. Its obvious the tires slip and the rpm's/speedo spike in both videos. Point is the truck moves and tows like a freight train.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi-l8ah-v_M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u93LOVUU43c

You'll have to try in the summer, the one where you start videoing the road first looks slick but who knows

:lol: Its not important to me, is what it is.

All I'm saying is give me any car and I can spin the wheels at 50mph on ice

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:21 pm

If we're doing "which one could you have back".... My late ' 80's Bronco II. That thing was a rockstar.

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:53 pm

lanyard wrote:If we're doing "which one could you have back".... My late ' 80's Bronco II. That thing was a rockstar.

Oh man I would love to have one of those.

Jrp267
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:16 pm

I like the suggested mileage numbers for the diesel. The torque is sufficient. I think the hp would be tolerable. And a fair trade off for mileage. But with the near 400 hp out of my hemi I may think otherwise after I test drove one.

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:00 pm

Jrp267 wrote:I like the suggested mileage numbers for the diesel. The torque is sufficient. I think the hp would be tolerable. And a fair trade off for mileage. But with the near 400 hp out of my hemi I may think otherwise after I test drove one.

Please elaborate? I don't know much about dodge, assuming that's what you're referencing..

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:30 am

I posted a bunch yesterday...240 HP, 420 torque, 9200lb tow rating, 0-60 in 10 seconds. No its not a Cummins its a Fiat diesel. Supposed to be 25 mpg highway. Out in 2014.

Jrp267
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:23 pm

http://www.ramtrucks.com/en/ecodiesel/
I think combined with the 8 speed trans the 240 will feel like more hp by keeping it in the power band.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”