Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: Vikings 2019

Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:57 pm

$84 million game manager. Hilarious. Crazy that Carr and Garrapalo are almost as expensive as Cousins tho and they both are super average.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:36 pm

Drunk_Dynasty wrote:$84 million game manager. Hilarious. Crazy that Carr and Garrapalo are almost as expensive as Cousins tho and they both are super average.

The biggest thing that pisses me off is when people who were down with signing Cousins but have since soured on him go,

"At least the Vikings made a big move in free agency and tried to win. That rarely, if ever, happens in this town so no one should fault them for it."

One of the few times a MN team not only just goes out on the free agent market but wins it, and lands the most coveted and expensive guy....and ends up being the wrong move.

The year the starter goes down right away and an unproven backup comes in and shows great poise, leadership, and grit in leading the team to a 13-3 record and an NFC championship game appearance....

....and that results in the one off-season the team goes out and lands a big name free-agent quarterback???

Why couldn't they have wanted to go out and get a quarterback all those years with Ponder?

Think how good this team could be with Keenum.....
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Vikings 2019

Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:27 pm

Just Keenum? Think how could this team could be with stafford, or Rogers, it Brady, or mayfield, or Rogers, or rivers, or Brees, or minshew, or Jackson, or Goff, or Jones, Murray, or Carr, or Garapolo, or trubisky, or Bridgewater, or Jones, or Dalton, or Allen, Or Prescott, or Rosen, or Flacco, or Mahomes, or Ryan, or Wentz, or Brisset, or Winston etc you get the point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:15 pm

Well, at least Treadwell is back! Haha
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:57 pm

I admit I was down on Cousins and thought we should of kept Keenum after the GB loss, not so much after watching Keenum play against DaBears last nite, next week at Chicago will be a true sign of where this team is at, after Chicago throttled our a$$ twice last year they should be up for this game................
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:56 pm

9manfan wrote:I admit I was down on Cousins and thought we should of kept Keenum after the GB loss, not so much after watching Keenum play against DaBears last nite, next week at Chicago will be a true sign of where this team is at, after Chicago throttled our a$$ twice last year they should be up for this game................

I thought Keenum looked good....very overmatched but good. He didn't panic, was able to scramble and extend plays. I thought the outcome had much more to do with what was around him than him.

I see Cousins and the Vikings faring worse despite him having a lot better team.

If Keenum had the Vikes around him I see "him" winning that game last night. I see Cousins getting his head taken off....like a pumpkin off a scarecrow if he was still on the 'Skins team.

One thing is for sure that we'll before agree to---that Bears defense ain't no joke.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:13 am

Always liked Keenum's scrambling ability and his pocket awareness to extend plays when he was with the Vikes, but his 2 INT against the Bears wear vastly under thrown with no steam on them, still like the kid but thinking that's why the Vikes moved in a different direction.....
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:46 am

^^^ Yup. I wish they had retained Case and Teddy 20 months ago

There is talk of a big trade for the Dallas QB with multiple 1st round draft picks. Have the Vikings learned NOTHING about when they did that with Dallas and Walker trade? Those draft picks that we gave them set up Dallas to win multiple Super Bowls. :o

Meanwhile Sporting News top 10 rankings: I would put them at best at ten based on Cousins uneven performance thus far. So surprised to see them at 7 :o If we had beat GB, then I'd agree at 7, but like I said, Cousins uneven play hurt and cost us the game.

NFL power rankings

1. New England Patriots, 3-0 (previous ranking: 1)

The Patriots didn't have the cleanest dominance against the Jets, but considering they were recovering from the Antonio Brown whirlwind, they still proved many times over that they are complete without him offensively no matter who's out there. Their defense is the real story, having yet to give up a touchdown.

2. Kansas City Chiefs, 3-0 (2)

Patrick Mahomes is everything for this team. He is headed toward running away with MVP again with even bigger numbers. He is in complete command, and he is putting his team in position to win every week, taking the pressure off any other potential problem areas, namely the defense.

3. Dallas Cowboys, 3-0 (3)

They didn't have their best offensive stuff early against the Dolphins with Dak Prescott looking human again. Their defense also did more bending than expected. Now is a good time for a real test, and it comes against the Saints in New Orleans.

4. Los Angeles Rams, 3-0 (4)

The Rams are so well coached by Sean McVay that they have adjusted again with Todd Gurley yet to smash and Jared Goff in a bit of a post-contract funk. Scheme and play design are allowing them to generate enough offense. In the meantime, Aaron Donald has gotten major help from Clay Matthews to turn the defense into a higher-energy, more disruptive force.

5. Green Bay Packers, 3-0 (5)

Aaron Rodgers isn't lighting things up, but he hasn't needed to do so with the Packers' re-dedication to using the running game the right way and the defense making more big plays. After facing three tricky defenses early, watch out for Rodgers to be the usual big factor as the stakes get raised against other playoff-caliber teams.

6. San Francisco 49ers, 3-0 (8)

The 49ers also were sloppy offensively, making what should have been a blowout victory over the Steelers into a win they needed to save in the last minute. Overall, Kyle Shanahan is on fire with his play-calling, and big plays continue to come from Robert Saleh's revamped defense.

7. Minnesota Vikings, 2-1 (9)

The Vikings will be fine in any game when they can go crazy running with Dalvin Cook and Alexander Mattison while their defense shuts down its opponent before garbage time. At some point, however, their playoff worthiness needs to be determined by Kirk Cousins.

8. Baltimore Ravens, 2-1 (6)

The Ravens reminded us that their personnel losses make for a unit that isn't as good as their usual defense, especially when facing a team like the Chiefs. Also, Lamar Jackson won't find things easy every week. They're still the best, most complete team in what has become a weak AFC North.

9. New Orleans Saints, 2-1 (11)

Without Drew Brees, Sean Payton had a chance to show off his coaching chops. Between situating his team on the West Coast, motivating his players so well and getting them to manufacture enough points despite more defensive issues, his work against the Seahawks was impressive. Now he has to do it again at home against the red-hot Cowboys.

10. Buffalo Bills, 3-0 (12)

The Bills are 3-0 for the first time since 2011. But they finished 3-10 that season and landed last in the AFC East. This year, they get their big shot at first place next week at home against the Patriots.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:46 am

h2ofwlr wrote:There is talk of a big trade for the Dallas QB with multiple 1st round draft picks. Have the Vikings learned NOTHING about when they did that with Dallas and Walker trade? Those draft picks that we gave them set up Dallas to win multiple Super Bowls. :o

Where is this steam coming from? I haven't heard anything about it. Trading for Dak would be a bad move IMO even if it was possible.

On another note, great Eagles win over the fudge packers last night! Gotta love that North Dakota boy and the dirty birds sticking it to them at Lambeau!
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:52 am

I have heard nothing of that trade with the Cowboys and no way would they do that in the middle of a season I would think......and yes the Pukers losing was GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! first and goal at the 1 and you throw the ball 4 times....WTF.......maybe Rodgers is a head case and changed the running plays to pass plays, kinda what I'm reading between the lines this morning.......

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”