tornadochaser
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Moist Soil

Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:14 pm

get-n-birdy wrote:You could run a generator for a long time for $27k.

Yes I could, but I would have to have somebody tending the generator, maintaining it, checking fuel, etc. Not a hassle i'm willing to deal with since it's 2.5 hours from my residence.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Bailey
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: Moist Soil

Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:37 am

HnkrCrash wrote:I've hunted areas of flooded corn the size of an underground backyard swimming pool that literally could not fit another duck. We hunted one of these types of spots a decade or so ago that was maybe two backyard pools large and shot hundreds of ducks out of it over the course of the season. Hunted Sat, Sun and Wed mornings and left it alone other than that. Another flooded corn scenario we hunted a few years ago was the size of one pool and we killed limits for 3 weeks (3 hunts per week) there. It was not uncommon in that location to literally have ducks swimming one row (2 feet) over as we killed incoming birds.

For more traditional "grass "type areas, I hunted a 10 acre naturally flooded CRP? type field within a WMA that held hundreds of ducks. This one got burned out fairly fast by the locals, but with a 3 day a week hunting schedule, this spot too would produce all season IMO.

That said 5-10 acres properly managed would net consistent results as long as there are ducks in the area IMO.

Was this in Minnesota?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”