Mergie Marauder

Re: The Big Push!

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:23 am

Nice work Gimp!

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:57 am

Finished it off with this bull bill. After 8 flyovers I had the biggest picked out on their last pass.
1029171054.jpg
1029171052b.jpg

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:16 am

Beautiful bird!
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

randywatson
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:44 pm

Saturday: Snow geese on the increase. mallards still slowly trickling in...very slowly. Small sloughs opened back up.

Sunday: A shat ton of snows showed up since Saturday. feeds of 5-10k in nearly every corn field thats disced right away. mallards still arent here in large presence but it looks to get frigid in canada late this week. Most sloughs will be froze up tight in the devils area and north by next wknd. Field access is literally impossible unless you have strong connections. Every corn field is posted. i talked with a farmer who has never leased his ground out until this year to Woodland resort/blanch hole. said he was sick of the hunters coming and fighting over his fields then leaving trash etc in the field. We are our own worst enemy.
Women with whiskers.....that's a bummer

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:43 pm

I am not surprised you didn't see a big push of mallards. All of the water in Canada where I was at was open other than small sheet water ponds. The barley and wheat fields had plenty of feed left so they had no reason to move. Even most of the grey ducks hadn't left. It was actually warmer where we were hunting than it was when we got home this past weekend. That should all change soon. I talked to a buddy who is leaving for ND Wednesday. I think he is timing it about perfect.

It looks like we won't get froze up this year at the same time Canada does. It could make for good late season hunting in ND, MN and WI if that is the case.

Duckman23
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:24 pm

North Dakota is pretty much a total sh*t show now, haven't gone out there for the last 3 years. Was thinking about going out this year but will have
to see what the weather has to say. Glad MN has been very good the last 2 years and this year has been excellent so far! As far as the big push is concerned, last Friday thru the weekend was excellent time to be out. Couldn't believe the amount of woodducks and greenwing teal that stuck around but my guess is this week they problably went south. Friday can't get here soon enough.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:27 pm

Had one lonely hen wood duck in the pond tonight, watched it land from the deer stand and it called the entire time. Monday there were a dozen in there must have took off without her

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:52 pm

I wonder at what point the sloughs will start freezing up in central and N Mn?
More snow in N and EC MN today, and 2-4" predicted for across central Mn for Friday night.
N Mn again may have more ice free hunting days than the S MN zone again with that stupid 12 day closure.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Re: RE: Re: The Big Push!

Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:56 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:I wonder at what point the sloughs will start freezing up in central and N Mn?
More snow in N and EC MN today, and 2-4" predicted for across central Mn for Friday night.
N Mn again may have more ice free hunting days than the S MN zone again with that stupid 12 day closure.
3/8" of ice on one of my sloughs in the mn river bottom today.

Sent from my LGL64VL using Tapatalk
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:28 pm

Baudette today, no idea how thick. It's a creek that runs into the Rainy river which is still wide open.
Attachments
bmn.jpg
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”