Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Re: Vikings 2021

Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:52 am

I think Barr is gone for sure, I believe his contract is up and he won't be resigned. the Harrison smith contract is pretty ridiculous... but man, he really hasn't fallen off.... yet. I'm sure it will at some point, and at that point his contract will be insanely lopsided, but I think we just cut him then. I think we gotta keep Kendricks for now tho, he seems pretty legit still. We are probably going to need to resign Patrick Peterson, because there is literally nobody else, which sucks because it will be expensive for an aging veteran. There just seems like there is too much talent on defense to be THIS ass. the CB corps is pretty god awful, and I guess the front 4 without Griffen and Hunter kinda is too, but I feel like it shouldn't be THAT terrible still.

dude pretty sure cousins played behind guys like garret bradbury, mike remmers, dakota dozier and dru samia. I'm not sure its even possible to get worse than that looooool

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:33 pm

Fish Felon wrote:....as long as they clean house and get rid of the entire roster too..

Off your meds again, eh?
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:59 am

Mike Zimmer's Vikings tenure was pockmarked by disputes with staff

JOE NELSON BMTN
11 HOURS AGO

Mike Zimmer's "my way or the highway" approach didn't work out in the end.

In the end, it may have been Mike Zimmer's "my way or the highway" style that got him fired after eight seasons coaching the Minnesota Vikings.

Hours after Zimmer was fired Monday, team owner/president Mark Wilf made it abundantly clear that the new head coach needs to be a "strong leader" with the ability to "communicate and collaborate."

Wilf didn't throw Zimmer under the bus, but a little reading between the lines suggests that Zimmer's style featured a dearth of communication or collaboration.

Just ask any of Zimmer's six offensive coordinators during his eight-year reign.

During the 2016 season, the Vikings rattled off five straight wins and then lost two in a row, followed by the stunning news of Norv Turner stepping down as offensive coordinator. Coaches don't just quit in the middle of a season, especially on a first place team.

Turner told Albert Breer of MMQB that it was a "difference of opinions" on how to run the offense. "He was pretty set in his ideas and his reasons and I hope that we’ll always continue to be friends," Turner said of Zimmer, according to Breer.

That doesn't sound like a coach willing to collaborate, not even with Turner, who is one of the most respected offensive minds in NFL history.

Two years later Zimmer fired first-year offensive coordinator John DeFilippo, with Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reporting that Zimmer made the decision to put DeFilippo's head on the chopping block because he didn't run the ball enough.

Keep in mind that Zimmer fired DeFilippo during the final month of the season despite, just months prior, defending his decision to block Kevin Stefanski from interviewing with the Giants because, as he said, he's loyal to his coaches and doesn't fire them after bad seasons.

“I get criticized for blocking guys and stuff like that, but loyalty, to me, is a big thing, right? So I come in here four years ago and the offense is 29th, 27th, 26th. But I keep them," Zimmer told the Star Tribune. "So the first time our offense is pretty good, then I’m supposed to let all my coaches leave? I don’t think that’s right. If I’m going to be loyal to them and not fire them after they don’t have good years, then I don’t think they should not be loyal to me.”

Zimmer's way or the highway. Ask Kirk Cousins, who wasn't even comfortable enough to call a timeout without Zimmer's permission.

"I just let Zim handle the timeouts because I never know quite what the coaches want to do," Cousins said after Minnesota's loss to the Cowboys on Halloween. Zimmer later claimed that was a miscommunication, but how is that even possible after for years together unless the relationship just isn't very good?

Right tackle Brian O'Neill also suggested there was a disconnect with the players and Zimmer, saying Monday that a "culture shift" will be welcome. Like many others, O'Neill echoed Wilf's message about communication and collaboration being of the utmost importance for a new coach.

"Getting everybody pushing in the same direction and working together in a collaborative environment that's enjoyable to work in. I think some more energy throughout the building could be a good thing," he said, noting that things as simple as someone saying 'Hey, how you doing?' could go a long way.

If saying hello in the hallway was too much to ask, then it should be no surprise that when Zimmer barks out in a press conference that he doesn't care about Justin Jefferson's pursuit of Rand Moss' franchise record for receiving yards in season.

And then you have one of the leaders on the team, middle linebacker Eric Kendricks, acknowledging that his relationship with Zimmer wasn't ideal and that running a "fear-based organization" is not the way to go.

At the end of the day, Zimmer is gone and it's become more clear than ever that Zimmer did it his way and his way only – and while his way was good enough to outperform some of his predecessors, it wasn't good enough to bring the Vikings to the top of the NFL.

© 2022 Bring Me The News LLC
Last edited by h2ofwlr on Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:39 pm

The Vikings interviewed a woman for GM yesterday.....a fukcing WOMAN.

I bet she knows all about what it's like to suit up in pads, put her helmet on, and go give and get some stingers and hits on the 'Ol Gridiron.

It'd be such a Minnesota move....hiring a fukcing Woman as the General Manager of their National Football League team.

JFC
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:42 pm

Guarantee she hires a gynecologist for team doctor.....

....fugg....it might be exactly what Cousins needs by the sounds of things over there at TCO/new Winter Park in Eagan these days.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:12 pm

They might as well hire a phaggot....or some little gimp.....

Why would you ever entertain the idea of hiring a woman as GM?

Good God would that be a truly franchise setting back to the dark ages in terms of competitiveness type of move.

All the liberal phucks who don't watch football wouldn't shut up about how great it is that the Vikings were the first football team to hire a woman GM. Then in two years when she hires the first female coach they'd fall in love with that ridiculous hire as well.

Never mind the fact that all the people who would love the hires aren't football fans.....they'd exclaim on social media how much they love it despite that they're not the ticket or apparel buying football viewing public known as "fans."

It's like how my little sister went on a rant at Christmas dinner all pissed off because me and my brother were reminiscing going trick or treating in the 1991 blizzard after the Twins won the last championship for the state.

"WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS SAY THAT!? WHAT ABOUT THE LYNX!!!!"

My brother and I look at each other without saying a word, both trying to think of a polite way of telling her that no one gives a fukc about the Lynx. After an adamant back and forth exchange with my 26yo kid sister.....

"Yeah, you're right I guess.....glad to hear you're a big Lynx fan and supporter. How many of their games do you go to every year?"

"Uh....what?"

"How many Lynx games have you gone to?"

[Long pause]

"Well....I haven't been to a game yet but I want to go.....I've been mentioning how we should get to a game for a while."

"So you've never been to a single Lynx game?"

"No, not yet....but we're going to start going to some."

"Man, that's weird. Didn't you guys even make it to a couple United FC games?"

"Yeah...."

"Wow, you wouldn't to a couple games of the new professional male soccer team in town that last year won it's first and only playoff win in history.....and you haven't made it over to Target Center to watch a single game of the professional women's team that's you contend is a legitimate dynasty? Seems weird."

[Silence]

Can't wait for the same "fans" to be just loving the new woman GM the Vikings hire.......

....followed by a decade of total ineptitude, losing, and eventually firing the bitch....despite all the "fans" never having gone to or watched a game during her era still exclaiming loudly what a success her hiring and tenure truly was.

You know why?

Because this is MN and as a result we're all partially retarded.

I think they should require anyone who moves here to have a lobotomy so they can assimilate and think like the rest of us immediately once they're a resident of this "great" state.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:14 pm

It's amazing how much growing up somewhere and having most of your family and parents there can tie you to location.

I guarantee if I grew up in any other state and had my parents and half my siblings living there.....

.....the thought of moving to or even visiting MN would never cross my whacked out mind.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:44 pm

Fish Felon wrote:It's amazing how much growing up somewhere and having most of your family and parents there can tie you to location.

I guarantee if I grew up in any other state and had my parents and half my siblings living there.....

.....the thought of moving to or even visiting MN would never cross my whacked out mind.

Lol it’s really true man. I can’t move away from my parents. Call it a care take mentality but I just can’t. My uncle moved away and never did shit for my grandparents and I’ve always kinda thought he was a hoe for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:14 pm

Fish Felon wrote:Why would you ever entertain the idea of hiring a woman as GM?

Ever think that she may be qualified? Like in has 20 yrs with another NFL org and has worked her butt off and has risen though the ranks over the years.

Now imagine if that woman was your wife or sister or mom.

And she was not given a chance because of a Neanderthal Misogynist like you?

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:17 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:
Fish Felon wrote:Why would you ever entertain the idea of hiring a woman as GM?

Ever think that she may be qualified? Like in has 20 yrs with another NFL org and has worked her butt off and has risen though the ranks over the years.

Now imagine if that woman was your wife or sister or mom.

And she was not given a chance because of a Neanderthal Misogynist like you?

I'd never date, let alone marry, a chick dumb enough to think she could run a football team.

Do you know how I know that your hypothetical example isn't a real one?

Because a woman being qualified when it comes to football is an oxymoron.....it can't happen.....being one inherently means it cannot be qualified to be the other one.

Have you ever noticed how everyone in football......

....has played football?

Chicks have played hockey, baseball, basketball, soccer, etc., but have you ever met a chick who's put on pads and played football. Like....as in....she actually participated in a game of REAL football?

I sure as fugg haven't!

Here, watch this and have my man Denzel explain it to you.....

https://youtube.com/shorts/Xd5bMo3d_E0?feature=share

The same reason why a black director was better for the movie is the same reason a man who has played football will be a better GM for the Vikings.

Women are better than a fukcing shitload of important things than men. I'm not a Misogynist. I'd actually say that in a professional environment....as an employee....

Well, scratch that.....I was about to say something that was totally fukcing retarded.....I was going to say women make for better employees in most cases......

...and I'm not even high....just high on life....stone cold sober these days......might need to start doing drugs and drinking again because holy shit.....that would've been an uncharacteristically stupid thing to say.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”