ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Could you live with this??

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:34 am

With some states taking the teal season and MN taking the stupid road in my OP. That said look at the link and what Iowa has proposed for 2014... I like it wish MN would have something like that so we could hunt in the Dec.

http://www.iowadnr.gov/Hunting/MigratoryGameBirds.aspx
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Re: Could you live with this??

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:17 am

For a guy that only hunts water thus far I'm not concerned about hunting in December but once I can/do make the jump to field hunting that will be a different story.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:31 am

Note...Iowa is further south than Minnesota.

your mom...
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:46 am

Really? Here we all thought it was north of MN in between Mn and Canada. Who knew?

As for MN, that is why they went to 3 zones as N Mn is not at all like SE MN for freeze up times.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:03 am

You're a dipsh*t. My point was that Iowa has a later season because they are further south.

The mn split does nothing for the guys that like to shoot birds other than mallards. Last two years we missed out on the majority of the redheads and gadwalls during the gay split in southern mn. Last two years we've been froze up before the end of the season. Only ones this stupid split helps out is the se hunters. But we should be used to the dnr screwing with our seasons for the benefit of the se boys.

your mom...
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Geaux4me
Coot Commander

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:21 am

Really?

Im in southern minnesota an had one of our best years for shootin redheads.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:48 am

Geaux4me wrote:Really?

Im in southern minnesota an had one of our best years for shootin redheads.

Where you also hunting until the end of the season into December? I think that was the point of his post.

Personally I do not favor seasons that are set up for a small percentage of hunters. Does anyone hunt ducks in to December on the SW side of the state or is it just a Mississippi deal? They should make a special zone in the SE if those are the only hunters who are able to take advantage of it.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:02 am

I see all of you guys point about their southern zone.. but look at it this way, compare MN season structure to Iowa's and look at how long ( chances at days) they can be in the field over MN.
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:35 am

ducksmuggler wrote:I see all of you guys point about their southern zone.. but look at it this way, compare MN season structure to Iowa's and look at how long ( chances at days) they can be in the field over MN.

still a 60 day regular season.....has this season structure been like this in Iowa for awhile ??
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:50 pm

I'm with gimp on this one. Closing down any part of the state in October is a terrible idea. If you want to figure out a way for a thousand guys to shoot 5 mallards and a goldeneye on the river in December have at it, but don't ruin the best part of the season just to have that. An for the record I was totally in favor of the splits originally, but then I pulled my head out of my @ss.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”