greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Re: Vikings

Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:56 am

tola18 wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:When you start a quarterback that has a zero chance of completing a pass over 10 yards, the defense can stack players at the line. It bottles up AP as well as causes Ponder to throw into tight coverages, double coverages, etc leading to his mistakes. .

That doesn't make sense. If you stack the line you're sacrificing defensive backs, which any solid quarter back with decent wide outs (which I believe we have) would be able to shred.

I think that's what he's saying. Out of all three quarterbacks we have, especially Ponder, he can't complete a 30 yard pass on a consistent basis so defenses can afford to bring dbacks and linebackers up more often.

Gordon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:04 am

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:
tola18 wrote:
maplelakeduckslayer wrote:When you start a quarterback that has a zero chance of completing a pass over 10 yards, the defense can stack players at the line. It bottles up AP as well as causes Ponder to throw into tight coverages, double coverages, etc leading to his mistakes. .

That doesn't make sense. If you stack the line you're sacrificing defensive backs, which any solid quarter back with decent wide outs (which I believe we have) would be able to shred.

I think that's what he's saying. Out of all three quarterbacks we have, especially Ponder, he can't complete a 30 yard pass on a consistent basis so defenses can afford to bring dbacks and linebackers up more often.

I get it now.... Bringing the safety's up because there is absolutely zero deep threat. Makes sense!

Regardless of what AP is capable of, he won't have a lasting career if we keep letting him do all the work for us. As much as it sucks, I think our best bet is to trade him. Especially if we keep sabotaging our draft spot!
Craigslist Prostaff

PDUX
Coot Commander

Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:15 pm

delta wrote:yes they can do all that, then AP will be ready to call it quits. sounds like the same deal with mauer and the twins just wasted 2 great players

And keep bring in HAS BEENS fro both teams

(Cassel, Jennings (I do like him though), Freeman)
(Hughs, AJ (if he comes), last year pitchers we got)

what a joke!!

dwendt
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:01 am

What good does seeing Cassell do? He is a career back up, the freeman project seems to be over and we might as well play the guy we used a first round draft pick on. In regards to trading AP it would be the worst mistake to make, he is the face of the franchise, you don't just trade that away it wouldn't make any sense, we're getting a good draft pick this year why do we need to trade him? We get a QB first round and fill in the blanks in the other rounds, like at cb, our offensive line needs a kick in the ass and so does out defensive line, everyone is so quick to blame ponder, do I think he is the solution no but he isn't a bad as everyone one makes him out to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:04 am

One thing about the NFL, with free agency and draft picks you can turn your team around rather fast, look at what KC has done, soo I really doubt they would trade AP, we need to draft a QB in the first round and hope like he(( he's a fast learner in the NFL.........................
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”