Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Re: Bemidji...

Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:12 am

A general rule of thumb is the easier the college is to get in to the better the crop of women there is. That rule does not seem to hold true for schools in far northern MN. St Cloud is easy to get in to so there is usually plenty to look at. The college I went to upped the standards a couple years before I got in and we saw the crop of women drop a few notches in the looks department.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:06 am

It took me about 8 years to get my undergrad at St. Cloud.

It was worth the time, from a "crazy things you'd never tell your wife, kids, parents, pastor...." sort of way.

If I recall, when I applied the application was shorter than most job applications you pick up at the counter. I probably could have gotten by if I had just stapled a copy of my ACT results and mailed it.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:30 am

It also took me 8 years to get my undergrad at SCSU, class of '04!! Best decision I ever made was to not graduate for as long as possible. I laugh when people brag about graduating in 4 years, why would anyone ever want to leave college and go work for a living? I can't figure it.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:44 am

I came in with a ton of credits so I graduated in 3.5 years and could have easily graduated in 3. Besides the smaller student loan it was a major bummer. Most of my friends were on the 5 year plan and I was pretty envious. I almost went for my masters to extend the college life but I probably would have actually had to study to keep pulling off a solid GPA. I should have taken a couple more semesters of gym classes.

Big Doe Hunter
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:42 pm

Fish Felon wrote:Hutterites are nice but they breed their 13 year-olds and live a horribly bizarre and backwards way of life. I tip my hat to any of them that are strong enough to get out of their colony and live in the real world

Yeah you have to wonder about 200 people living together that all have the same last name.
get-n-birdy wrote:Remember, just because it's not legal doesn't mean you can't do it, there's just a fee if you get caught.

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:48 pm

When to St. Cloud in the early 90's. Lived in a big party house for a couple years. . . . . . it was a free-for-all.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:29 pm

Nershi wrote:I came in with a ton of credits so I graduated in 3.5 years and could have easily graduated in 3. Besides the smaller student loan it was a major bummer. Most of my friends were on the 5 year plan and I was pretty envious. I almost went for my masters to extend the college life but I probably would have actually had to study to keep pulling off a solid GPA. I should have taken a couple more semesters of gym classes.

I went in to SCSU with like 18 or 20 credits from high school...they looked at me like I was a genius haha. I just took very light Fall semesters to get the most hunting in possible

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:52 pm

What's funny is, that school has a lot of successful grads. Sure, it might be the odds: let everyone that is over qualified for Stout and some portion will make it worth while :-) But SCSU has put up a lot of entrepreneurs and leaders... like Maplelakeduckslayer....

A firm I worked at was mostly Johnnies and Huskies. The joke was: if you want to talk about a problem, get the Johnnies together.... if want to get something done about the problem, get the Huskies together.

The guys that cracked me up the most at SCSU were the rich kids with attitudes.... well, maybe they were the near rich kids... dude, you're at St. Cloud State, lighten up Francis.

Waterfowlist
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:56 pm

Speaking of grads. Anyone looking to hire a recent grad, finance and marketing major?

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:04 pm

SCSU grad here is well. It took way too long, but I had the time of my life. Then I graduated and got part time jobs at bars and nightclubs and was able to keep the party going for almost 10 more years.

Now I sit in a cubicle and hate my life.

My advice, stay in school as long as possible. The real world is stupid.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”