Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Re: Feild Tile.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:09 pm

I've been hunting this farmer's land in North Dakota since 1999. Back then this pothole we hunted was completly wadeable, and made up of small pockets and islands. There was a gravel road running through one end. Fast forward to last week. You can only use waders in the back bays and corners and the road is completely washed away gone forever. They had to lift the tar road a mile south because this once pothole has expanded into a mile long lake. Why has this happened? :mrgreen:

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Maybe they are trying to tile the Red River so that Fargo doesn't flood again next spring :lol:

Or, maybe they need another, constantly growing "Devil's Lake" :roll:

Individual farm families may be responsible for some of it, but I wonder how much of the corporate farms are doing it? I would imagine that a lot of them are. How about the oil producers? Are they draining and tiling their acquired properties?
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:23 pm

No farmers, no food

Nice talking point, but completely false. I think what you meant to say is no farmers, no excessive nutrient load and silt ruining waterways, no high fructose corn syrup causing obesity and diabetes, and no destruction of native prairie and wetlands.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

NitroZ9 Duck Killin
No longer welcome here.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:31 pm

Blaming HFCS for obesity is absurd.

Sitting on your arse playing video games is what makes kids fat.

Farmers are not the problem.

Uneducated Duck Hunters are the problem.

Waterfowlist
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:32 pm

^ are you a farmer by chance?

Geaux4me
Coot Commander

Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Waterfowlist wrote:^ are you a farmer by chance?

Nope, just another worthless internet tough guy

NitroZ9 Duck Killin
No longer welcome here.

Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:21 pm

Farmers are the back bone of America.

No Farmers No Food.

Pretty Effing Simple.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:46 pm

Hansen wrote:I've been hunting this farmer's land in North Dakota since 1999. Back then this pothole we hunted was completly wadeable, and made up of small pockets and islands. There was a gravel road running through one end. Fast forward to last week. You can only use waders in the back bays and corners and the road is completely washed away gone forever. They had to lift the tar road a mile south because this once pothole has expanded into a mile long lake. Why has this happened? :mrgreen:

rain?

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:18 pm

Farmer was fixing his tile on my land when I went bow hunting Sunday night. It would have been kind of nice to know he was going to knock a bunch of trees/brush down in the process. All he told me was he was going to fix his tile. Was slightly irritating to walk out there and see trees knocked down and a wetland tore apart. I understand he's trying to make the land better but a heads up would have been nice.

I have also been pondering why our pond has risen 2' over the last few years...and why deer numbers are down. Best I can come up with is all the drainage has made the 60 acres of cattails perpetually wet...there's no bedding for the deer now. Can't be 100% sure and I'm not blaming the farmer...but having no dry areas to bed in has to affect the deer some.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:17 pm

tile =no crop insurance/ free $$ IMOP

nation wide weather they put it in or the previous land owner did.
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”