Register now for first-ever Minnesota Pheasant Summit

Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:47 pm

DOUG SMITH

Register now for first-ever Minnesota Pheasant Summit

By: DOUG SMITH
October 30, 2014 - 3:38 PM

Event will be Dec. 13 in Marshall

Doug Smith
(The 2015 state pheasant stamp, by Stephen Hamrick)

People interested in the future of Minnesota's pheasants can register for the state's first-ever Minnesota Pheasant Summit, set for Dec. 13 in Marshall.

Gov. Mark Dayton called the summit to discuss strategies to increase the state's pheasant population, improve pheasant habitat and ensure that future generations will be able to enjoy the iconic game birds.

The pheasant population is 58 percent below the 10-year average and 71 percent below the long-term average. The summit will focus on why the pheasant population has declined in Minnesota, and what efforts can be undertaken to improve pheasant habitat.

The summit will be at Southwest Minnesota State University on Saturday, Dec. 13, from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The summit is free and open to all Minnesotans interested in preserving the state’s pheasant population.

People can register at the DNR website at http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/pheasantsummit/index.html. At that site, they can also tell Dayton what topics should be addressed, and suggest ideas for how the state can improve pheasant habitat and the pheasant population.

For those who can't make it to the summit, the DNR is developing a survey to collect additional public input, and you can register to receive the survey via email at the same DNR website. The survey will be available online in mid-November.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Re: Register now for first-ever Minnesota Pheasant Summit

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:10 pm

are they really that naive to not know what the problem for lack of Pheasants is.........and I find it hard to believe that a pheasant summit will bring back the birds and hunters.........
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

NitroZ9 Duck Killin
No longer welcome here.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:17 pm

WGAF

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:46 pm

I posted this because I find it retardedly-hilarious.

People are stupid. This summit falls in line with the duck rally at the capital, Mille Lacs, and the recent deer gripers.

It ain't rocket science. We have enough habitat to harvest 500,000 pheasants when weather conditions are favorable (consecutive years of mild winters and dry springs).

That's really not that bad for a state this far east. I pheasant hunted last weekend and my hunting partner and I shot 5 and flushed around 70 (mostly hens). Almost everything we walked we put up birds.

Not great but not terrible. We certainly had fun and thought it was an enjoyable time. I don't mind working for birds as long as you're seeing and putting up enough to keep you walking.

Kids these days are phags for the most part. They'd rather play a pheasant hunting video game than actually go pheasant hunting. No summit is going to change that. Hunting as a sport is dying and there's nothing anyone can do about it but bitch.

Other than that, put more habitat on the ground...which is already being done. It'll help keep the guys already hooked buying licenses. Good luck recruiting the youngins.

This summit is just lip service for Governor Goofy. I'm not crazy about him but at least he's trying. Incompetent and trying is better than incompetent and not giving a F---.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

NitroZ9 Duck Killin
No longer welcome here.

Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Dayton is a pill popping, Homosexual loving arseclown.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:47 pm

NitroZ9 Duck Killin wrote:Dayton is a pill popping, Homosexual loving arseclown.

thanks!
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”