9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Re: WI New Wetland Restoration Plan

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:12 pm

Nershi wrote:A buddy of mine created a mighty fine wetland complex in the heart of drain tile country with assistance from the DNR. The DNR funded it and they did the work. About 20 years later a DNR guy knocks on their door and tells them they have to remove their man made wetland complex. They have been battling it in courts ever since. What a waste of our tax dollars.

so whats the DNR's reasoning for having it removed ??
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:19 pm

Nershi wrote:A buddy of mine created a mighty fine wetland complex in the heart of drain tile country with assistance from the DNR. The DNR funded it and they did the work. About 20 years later a DNR guy knocks on their door and tells them they have to remove their man made wetland complex. They have been battling it in courts ever since. What a waste of our tax dollars.

And that is exactly why it scares me to do anything involving government agencies. I'd love to build a nice pond in our pasture if it were "easier".

Waterfowlist
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:23 pm

You should be just fine in your pasture. No permit needed, if it is upland not in a wetland or floodplain. The core gets involved when its wetland or floodplains I think

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:31 pm

Waterfowlist wrote:You should be just fine in your pasture. No permit needed, if it is upland not in a wetland or floodplain. The core gets involved when its wetland or floodplains I think

I guess I'm not sure what this would be considered. Our pasture is pretty hilly in most spots for the area and the spot I'd put it is in the bottom of two hills. And by pond I mean, 4ft deep at the deepest if possible.

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”