get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Re: Pike Spearing Returns To Mille Lacs

Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:45 pm

Welcome OTCkid.

Great take on the Mille lacs issue and the elitism.

The lake has had a lot of fluctuations over the years. This one seems to have a lot of different rabbit trails leading to more questions than answers. Put in opinions that are bipolar of each other, on a prolific, nationally known lake, known for lots of huge walleyes, smallies and muskie's and it's a recipe for the wacko's to come out of the wood work. It's to bad the health of the whole fishery wasn't looked at vs individual species and their overly devoted fanatics, skewing their view for personal preferences, over the long term well being of the fishery.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:46 pm

I'm not sure to drop The Rock clapping gif or a "didn't read" gif just to be a smartass.

Helluva first post by da OTCkid

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:03 pm

Next time you're at a meeting OTCo kid, tell the DNR PR person is outdoors types like statistics and them smart things. "Sound bite" sell points kins of get us raucous.

Bustin Lips
Coot Commander

Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:54 pm

Kids are like farts, the only ones you can stand are your own!

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:51 am

so has anyone tried spearing on ML this year......
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:35 pm

YEP!!!!!
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

duck_dynasty
Coot Commander

Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:54 pm

I agree with OTckids post and my only question is this...why didnt the DNR have their 10 fish limit on Mille Lacs but not allow any fish over 30" to be harvested. That way the spearers and anglers that wanna keep a bunch of pike for dinner have their fun and the trophy fish can be left alone being its on of the few lakes in the state u can catch a giant pike. Maybe the spearers wouldnt show if they couldnt stab a giant? I think alot of spearers still would

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:15 am

Being that you can't catch and release a speared fish, size restrictions but a burden on spear fishermen to make it not worth woke on a lot if lakes that have them

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:19 am

Size restrictions for spearers makes spearers whine and complain and get regulations that are helping to produce larger pike get lifted. I don't get why it's so hard for a spearer to say "yeah that fish is probably over 30" (or whatever the limit is), I better not stick this one". It makes no sense to me.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:55 am

Yeah don't make much sense. SE MN deer hunters have to be sure bucks have at least 4 pts on one side. Duck hunters have to identify species. A spear chucker should be able to identify a fish over 30"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”