maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Re: Your X-Mas Waterfowl Equipment Wish List....

Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:56 pm

Not sure still looking. I have used my Dads Frabill the last few years and really like it, its well built and has held up well. But seems we always have 3 or 5 people that go fishing and someone always sits by themselves, so was looking at the Clam X4 4 person house. But reading some of the reviews it seems Clam aren't the best made?

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:16 pm

I have a fatfish 949i and I love it. 2 people is great, 3 is definitely do able and 4 may work with 1 hole a piece.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:41 pm

I got two pairs of cabelas socks.

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:58 pm

I was looking at the hub style but decided against those...I like having everything in the sled and having a dry spot for all the gear once set up.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:10 pm

All the big manufacturers of ice houses make good stuff, I would take a Clam just as easily as any other. The flip overs are way better than the hubs, unless you're trying to get 3,4,5 people in the house and still be mobile. A big hub will pack down and fit in a sled. The big 3-4 man flip overs are only good if you can drive out or have a 4-wheeler/snowmobile with good traction, otherwise they are almost impossible to pull by hand.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:15 pm

I've fished in a clam yukon for 5 years. Got my hub last year and will not go back to a flip over. Put everything in a sled to pull out if can't drive and it's same as sled. Not mobile like a flip over but if I fish mobile I sit on pail anyways.

ducksmuggler
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:42 pm

GOPRO hero 3+, and a bunch of stuff for it, dog harness, gun mount and a bunch of gift cards.
You can bad mouth a mans gun, his shooting, and his women but bad mouth his dog them's fighting words.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:59 pm

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:I've fished in a clam yukon for 5 years. Got my hub last year and will not go back to a flip over. Put everything in a sled to pull out if can't drive and it's same as sled. Not mobile like a flip over but if I fish mobile I sit on pail anyways.

Yeah that's another thing, picking up and moving a hub isn't nearly as easy as a flip over. I guess I just hate having to deal with setting up hubs, not that it's that difficult, but just extra steps getting in the way of me fishing.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

StuStiltman
Mergie Marauder

Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:59 pm

Trigger wrote:
greatwhitehunter3! wrote:I've fished in a clam yukon for 5 years. Got my hub last year and will not go back to a flip over. Put everything in a sled to pull out if can't drive and it's same as sled. Not mobile like a flip over but if I fish mobile I sit on pail anyways.

Yeah that's another thing, picking up and moving a hub isn't nearly as easy as a flip over. I guess I just hate having to deal with setting up hubs, not that it's that difficult, but just extra steps getting in the way of me fishing.

I also got a clam Yukon sled, good quality product but its a b***h to drag if there's any snow. On years when i can drive anywhere on a lake due to good ice quality and little snowcover i just throw the tow line over my truck hitch and tow it. I also got a 6/8 clam hub, very nice, portable and easy to set up, I just feel like I'm gonna break the damn thing every time I pop it up. But 200$ for a comfortable tent that can fish 3 easily, 4 in a pinch I guess a little stress over the setup isn't a big deal. And for Christmas I got a nice pair of insulated rubber boots, no more tiptoeing thru the corn stubble trying go not tear my Baffin pack boots, score!!!!!

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:00 pm

Fishing isn't that important to me I only go if you can take a motorized vehicle haha Bought me an aftermarket intercooler for my truck today for a present to myself

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”