10%
Who cares!
13%

Total votes: 30
shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Discussion around Ads on this site

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:10 am

Personally, I hate ads, especially when they become over-bearing. I have had zero ambition to place them on this site because of that & the minimal cost required for me to keep things running smooth.

However, I have been approached on a few occasions now from potential sponsors. These sponsors are willing to offer product as a contest prize, but in exchange they would need some visibility here. The only way I can really offer that is to start placing banners, and that kind of goes against my initial stance.

So, lets bring it to a vote. I like to think the community is what drives the direction of this site & here's your chance to influence a decision.

Placing ads will support member growth, local business and drive future contests.

Not placing ads will keep things as they are, fewer contests and growth depends pretty much on word of mouth.

Feel free to expound upon your choice within this thread.

smg04
Coot Commander

Re: Discussion around Ads on this site

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:21 am

IMO banners are fine, but when they start popin up and getting in the way thats when they become very annoying

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:23 am

I'm fine with ads. Except to the point of where it got on TOS. Every time I moved around on the site I swear the ad on the bottom was following me and getting in the way of where I wanted to click; every time. Talk about terribly annoying. If it isn't ads like that then I'm fine with them.

SpoonieSensation
Coot Commander

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:24 am

Banners Are Fine And An Added Bonus For Giveaways! NoPop Up Banners Though!

kwackkillncrew
Sour Toe Connoisseur

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:29 am

i would say banners on the sides or something. agree with no pop ups those things are dumb. and i would say try to keep them local
official sour toe member number 52,814

Jsb
Coot Commander

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:38 am

Banner are fine, pop ups are not fine.
Using Tapatalk

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:45 am

No pop ups its annoying, other stuff is fine. Sometimes you actually see something that peaks your interest. I think its great that in 1.5 weeks time you are being approached by sponsors, and obviously if it continues growing there are going to be more costs associated with running the site. You should not be digging into your pockets to run the site if there are sponsors willing to pay.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:52 am

No pop ups. Trying to keep it Mn based adds would be cool but don't know how that would work out for you.
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:32 pm

Banners are fine. Pop-ups are terrible.

Waterfowlist
Mergie Marauder

Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:35 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote:No pop ups its annoying, other stuff is fine. Sometimes you actually see something that peaks your interest. I think its great that in 1.5 weeks time you are being approached by sponsors, and obviously if it continues growing there are going to be more costs associated with running the site. You should not be digging into your pockets to run the site if there are sponsors willing to pay.

Agreed

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”