hobbydog
Mergie Marauder

Re: Gas Tax Increase for Road Repairs....

Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:19 am

Fish Felon wrote:A guy from out-state MN bitching about money being spent for transit in the cities...now that is flippin' comical.

Gimp, how much money do you think is siphoned from the cities to pay for roads in rural MN?

I'd love it if you guys paid your share for a change.

Maybe we should make each county pay their share for roads? I'm sure everyone in rural MN would love it when their property taxes jump tenfold over night.

Great idea!

By my cabin they did the traffic count during deer season. They used the data to justify upgrading the road. They know how to play the game.

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:36 am

Fish Felon wrote:A guy from out-state MN bitching about money being spent for transit in the cities...now that is flippin' comical.

Gimp, how much money do you think is siphoned from the cities to pay for roads in rural MN?

I'd love it if you guys paid your share for a change.

Maybe we should make each county pay their share for roads? I'm sure everyone in rural MN would love it when their property taxes jump tenfold over night.

Great idea!

I don't agree with you FF. It is not just the locals that wear out a road, but everyone that uses them.
A universal gas tax seems a fair way to pay for the roads that we all use.

IMO, many of our roads and bridges are long overdue for repair or replacement. The Governor is trying to play catch-up for problems that have existed for several years, through several administrations.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

triplecurler
Mergie Marauder

Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:03 pm

So, according to API.org here our taxes on gas.
Minnesota (Link) Close
Gasoline
State Excise Tax 28.50 ¢ per gallon
Other State Taxes/Fees 0.10 ¢ per gallon
Total State Taxes/Fees 28.60 ¢ per gallon
Total State plus Federal Excise Taxes 47.00 ¢ per gallon (@ 18.40 ¢ per gallon)
Ask Al how to successfully nest wood ducks, see you next season.

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:05 am

triplecurler wrote:So, according to API.org here our taxes on gas.
Minnesota (Link) Close
Gasoline

In English?

emptymag
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:14 pm

Goldfish wrote:
triplecurler wrote:So, according to API.org here our taxes on gas.
Minnesota (Link) Close
Gasoline

In English?

.47 cents from every gallon of gas you buy is tax.

Sounds like we need more tax money going for educ....ahhh never mind. That's another debate.
"You can't eat ethical." - Ron Spomer

"There's a feeling I get, When I look to the west, And my spirit is crying for leaving" - LED ZEP

Bill Gilbertson
Mergie Marauder

Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:34 pm

I am all for a temporary gas tax to improve our roads. It will be a boon for business and increase MN competitiveness as business travel becomes much more efficient. A gas tax increase also has conservation benefits as it may slightly reduce consumption. At $2/gal, we are considering driving the Suburban to Florida rather than the Buick that gets much better mileage.

mulefarm
Coot Commander

Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:36 pm

Is there such a thing as a temporary tax?

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:53 pm

gimpfinger wrote:You're welcome for the stadium

Signed...a smoker.

Technically you're only funding a third, at most. The state’s portion is only $350 million of a $1.05 billion stadium. The NFL is funding over half of a publicly owned stadium so I guess we should really be kissing their ass then???

The stadium was a good idea and is a money maker for the entire state.

I like your takes gimp but even the notion of comparing the stadium deal to $6 Billion in road funding is an example of a dangerous public mindset.

"Vikings get their stadium but now roads need funding, education needs funding, blah-blah-blah needs more funding."

That's what makes people give up. That's why I stopped giving a shit.

I was the only person on here not to bitch about this new tax. Do you think it's because I want to pay more in taxes? Hell no. Do you think it's because I don't think there's enough money there now to make it work by trimming funds elsewhere? Hell no.

There's plenty of money to make this happen without raising taxes. The problem is that most people don't care enough to even write a frickin' email or even vote in local elections.Myself included these days.

It's much easier just to take it up the azz by these douche bag politicians and then bitch about it. This tax has the smallest dick which is why I'm in favor of it.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:06 pm

Fish Felon wrote:
gimpfinger wrote:You're welcome for the stadium

Signed...a smoker.

Technically you're only funding a third, at most. The state’s portion is only $350 million of a $1.05 billion stadium. The NFL is funding over half of a publicly owned stadium so I guess we should really be kissing their ass then???

The stadium was a good idea and is a money maker for the entire state.

I like your takes gimp but even the notion of comparing the stadium deal to $6 Billion in road funding is an example of a dangerous public mindset.

"Vikings get their stadium but now roads need funding, education needs funding, blah-blah-blah needs more funding."

That's what makes people give up. That's why I stopped giving a shit.

I was the only person on here not to bitch about this new tax. Do you think it's because I want to pay more in taxes? Hell no. Do you think it's because I don't think there's enough money there now to make it work by trimming funds elsewhere? Hell no.

There's plenty of money to make this happen without raising taxes. The problem is that most people don't care enough to even write a frickin' email or even vote in local elections. Myself included these days.

It's much easier just to take it up the azz by these douche bag politicians and then bitch about it. This tax has the smallest dick which is why I'm in favor of it.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:33 pm

This is going to work out great.

Lower gas prices, yippy.

Big oil will buy out all the little guys, that will be great in the long run.

People will feel all warm and fuzzy, and have no problem with a tax hike, cause gas prices are low.

Prices will stay low for a while and we won't pay any attention to what's going on behind the wizards curtain.

We will continue exporting diesel fuel, keeping the price of diesel up.

Then when the timing is right, the prices will creep up. The tax will stay. And big oil companies will have free reign to jack the prices up with no competion. Politicians will get their bacon and we'll be no wiser that we just got raped and were joyfully ignorant about the whole process.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”