Trigger
Mergie Marauder

I think it's official...

Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:33 am

I think Fish Felon officially beat Fowler to such a bloody internet pulp that he has bowed out. He had a good run and will go in the books as the greatest waterfowling forum troll in the history of the internet, but even the great ones eventually retire. No one will ever know what brought about the end. Did his stream of new victims run out because Facebook? Did he just get bored being the best for so long? Did his desktop computer finally give up the ghost? Did he finally run out of the cards for 50,000 free minutes from America Online? There are more questions than answers. But the one thing we know is the downfall began when he finally came across his greatest opponent and worst nightmare, an opponent that he could successfully troll on a daily basis, but a fighter who wasn't a quitter like the rest of his past victims. One that would take a punch but give two back. Fowler although seemingly already forgotten, will be remembered for his ability to remember what hunting was like before he was born, his longevity, love of pointless wood duck houses, but mostly for his skills as a troll, his ability to say things so rediculous that if you knew better you couldn't help but laugh at them. A troll tactic he perfected and possibly invented. His skill at saying these comments in a manner that they could be so easily misconstrued as actual fact along with his willingness to continue on by defending his statements with more made up facts is simply legendary. He was a trolling pioneer, innovator, and had such an immense dedication to his craft that he was able to hold onto the title longer than anyone would figure to be possible. But all good things must come to an end.

Here's to H2OFowler. The Greatest Troll in History. May the duck populations of the 1950's, and dial-up internet follow you wherever you may be.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

shnelson
Mergie Marauder

Re: I think it's official...

Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:05 am

Are you too modest to take any credit here?

He probably got sick of the perpetual gang bang, there was nothing he could say without setting himself up for a whole bunch of butt hurt, and I think he finally realized it.

Maybe it's just the holidays, but this place has been a lot quieter without him. Who's going to pick up the slack?

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:04 am

shnelson wrote:Are you too modest to take any credit here?

He probably got sick of the perpetual gang bang, there was nothing he could say without setting himself up for a whole bunch of butt hurt, and I think he finally realized it.

Maybe it's just the holidays, but this place has been a lot quieter without him. Who's going to pick up the slack?

Fowler certainly had some different and controversial points of view, but I believe that his heart was in it for anything related to water fowling. Being constantly gang-banged by cyber jackals certainly took its toll. At times these exchanges were entertaining, other times they were annoying. Oh well, life goes on. Best of luck Fowler wherever you are.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:37 pm

shnelson wrote:Are you too modest to take any credit here?

Yes. But thank you.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:58 pm

I hope you are wrong but I fear you might be right. I did see one post by him on a different site two days ago, which was odd for him. He almost always posted frequently and in spurts. That post was like a single tear...quickly wiped from the face of the internet before most could see it.

h2ofwlr belongs in the MN waterfowl HOF. My sincerity on that has always been true and never wavered. Mark my words, some day he will be inducted. This I promise.

I realize my words will always be read with skepticism when it comes to h2ofwlr. I certainly understand why and accept that consequence because that is my fault and it is fair.

At the risk of overdoing it and being too sentimental I will say we've always had an odd relationship that is more or less like Walter Mathau and Jack Lemon in 'Grumpy Old Men.' We love to hate each other and try to knock the other one down. I'll admit that at times I may have taken things too far. I feel sorry for this but can't help it. Sort of like all the stupid and aggravating things he says because he can't help it either.

I disagree that he hung up his keyboard because of me. I actually think the opposite is true.

I'd like to think he would have quit internetting long before this if it wasn't for me. Who else would have engaged him for this long, and vice versa? Forums peaked in 2005. The fact that he was active for a decade after with very few newbs to impress is amazing. We all know that part of him really enjoyed the banter and getting worked up. I know I did. Why else would he keep coming back if he didn't?

Don McLean wrote "American Pie" about the day the music died. I've always known that at some point h2ofwlr, our Buddy Holly, would leave us too. I'm going to crack a beer and toast him while listening to that song.

"The day the internet duck hunting forum died."
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:26 pm

I dedicate this to h2ofwlr. I hope he's warm and in good spirits somewhere enjoying a Shirley Temple or glass of cranberry juice.

Internet Pie

A long, long time ago
I can still remember how his posts used to make me smile
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those hunters dance
And maybe they’d be happy for a while

But January made me shiver
With every thread I’d deliver
Bad news on the internet
Every keystroke caused me to fret

I can’t remember if I bawled
When the waterfowl site no longer had its troll
So I posted some stupid poll
The day the forum died

So bye-bye, Mister Minnesota Geek
Drove my Chevy to the Creek, but the hunting was weak
And them good old boys were drinkin’ whiskey, knob creek
Singin’ “This’ll be the day that I tweak
This’ll be the day that I tweak”

Did you start that stupid thread
And do you have faith in admins ahead
If the rules tell you so?

OK, I’m done…the song is like ten freaking minutes long.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:49 pm

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

StuStiltman
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:53 pm

Kind of a letdown that ff didn't post a link to a YouTube clip of him singing his song. He always seams to go the extra mile for the Internet's. Not this time I guess :(

Hansen
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:54 pm

I like it, now that is the kind of effort I one to look for here on a consistent basis.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:26 pm

StuStiltman wrote:Kind of a letdown that ff didn't post a link to a YouTube clip of him singing his song. He always seams to go the extra mile for the Internet's. Not this time I guess :(

My pumpkin carving skills and my writing skills are much better than my vocal skills. I played drums man....tone deaf. I can hear it in my head but if I did actually record it and put it on here, which believe me I thought of doing, you'd have cats in heat fighting behind your house if you played it.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”