Jokerman
I came here for the barrel sticker

Re: Joy Riding 4-Wheelers is Gay and Idiotic

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:55 am

"Do guys like Goldfish live their lives always tempering their true opinion in fear of getting punched in the face?"

I'm sure some people live their lives like that, but I'm guessing most guys like the "Goldfish" you describe know when/how to pick their battles. It probably has nothing to do with fear or walking on eggshells. As I get older, the list of topics I'm willing to argue or debate in public with somebody I just met gets shorter and shorter. But, it's a great way to pass time on the internet. Takes less energy.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:23 am

Fish Felon wrote:
StuStiltman wrote:
And then we'd pound some more beer and discuss the sexist conspiracy of men having to leave the seat down despite the fact it'd make way more sense for women to put the seat up, how to destroy ISIS, duck hunting, why Somalis are the worst thing to happen to MN since drain tile, the last time we each did cocaine or smoke crank and how awesome it was, if h2ofwlr will ever return and the odds of him being a closet homosexual, how each and every MN sports team will be good next year, why it's more fun and rewarding to process your deer instead of bringing it to a butcher, how awesome it'd be if we had some cocaine or crank....

...and we'd agree on everything.

ha ha ha spot on!! Only thing I would maybe add is how taxes are bullshit, followed by some second hand stories that are half true about obamacare premiums/subsidies.

I would really like to hear your conversation topics when you did coke the last time....ya know like later on in the night when shit gets really weird and you just want to go to bed but can't.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:56 pm

Stute Slap wrote:ya know like later on in the night when shit gets really weird and you just want to go to bed but can't.

Hahaha, that's the worst! I can't think of anything memorable besides thinking/talking about how I'm never doing blow again. Otherwise it is definitely unintelligent conversation.

As far as sleds go, they seem less gay. Riding them on groomed trails with little change in elevation in MN is eerily similar to holding down the throttle trail riding ATVs.

But isn't that why people buy a snowmobile?

A large part of my gripe with 4-wheelers is that people are trying to make them into something they're not. Most people aren't buying them with the sole intention of joy riding...because if that's the case they'd purchase something fun like a dirt bike.

I could post all kinds of bad ace snowmobile videos of guys riding out west, so sleds at least have the potential for being cool in a different state.

Getting hammered and using an ATV to bar hop and shoot grouse is a completely acceptable way to use a 4-wheeler. In that scenario it's being used as a tool and serving a purpose.

Riding them around surveying your own property would also be another acceptable use for them.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:49 pm

Stute Slap wrote:
Fish Felon wrote:
StuStiltman wrote:
And then we'd pound some more beer and discuss the sexist conspiracy of men having to leave the seat down despite the fact it'd make way more sense for women to put the seat up, how to destroy ISIS, duck hunting, why Somalis are the worst thing to happen to MN since drain tile, the last time we each did cocaine or smoke crank and how awesome it was, if h2ofwlr will ever return and the odds of him being a closet homosexual, how each and every MN sports team will be good next year, why it's more fun and rewarding to process your deer instead of bringing it to a butcher, how awesome it'd be if we had some cocaine or crank....

...and we'd agree on everything.

ha ha ha spot on!! Only thing I would maybe add is how taxes are bullshit, followed by some second hand stories that are half true about obamacare premiums/subsidies.

I would really like to hear your conversation topics when you did coke the last time....ya know like later on in the night when shit gets really weird and you just want to go to bed but can't.

Then you force yourself to go lay down and try to sleep, but your eyes just keep fluttering and won't properly close. So you get up, chop up your breakfast, take a couple bumps and head out to the duckblind 4 hours early and set the most perfect and intricate decoy spread of your life.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:42 pm

Trigger wrote:

Then you force yourself to go lay down and try to sleep, but your eyes just keep fluttering and won't properly close. So you get up, chop up your breakfast, take a couple bumps and head out to the duckblind 4 hours early and set the most perfect and intricate decoy spread of your life.[/quote][/quote]

Fluttering eyelids, chopping breakfast.........damn those were the good old days. Getting old sucks

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Stute Slap wrote:
Trigger wrote:

Then you force yourself to go lay down and try to sleep, but your eyes just keep fluttering and won't properly close. So you get up, chop up your breakfast, take a couple bumps and head out to the duckblind 4 hours early and set the most perfect and intricate decoy spread of your life.
[/quote]

Fluttering eyelids, chopping breakfast.........damn those were the good old days. Getting old sucks[/quote]

And then it gets into the mid 70's and you swear your heart is going to give out loading everything in the truck after the hunt.

Why is the ride home when your body finally wants to sleep?

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

tyler
Mergie Marauder

Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:23 am

could make same argument for pc's

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”