Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

WTF is wrong with the Catholic Church?

Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:02 pm

As a Catholic who's also a 3rd degree Knight this shit makes me want to puke.

Catholic nuns work to spare life of man who killed University of North Dakota student

Alfonso Rodriguez Jr. during a hearing in Grand Forks, ND, in 2003. Rodriguez, was charged with the kidnapping of Dru Sjodin, a University of North Dakota student.
Alfonso Rodriguez Jr. during a hearing in Grand Forks, ND, in 2003. Rodriguez, was charged with the kidnapping of Dru Sjodin, a University of North Dakota student. — Carlos Gonzalez, Star Tribune
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
February 24, 2015 - 1:40 PM

FARGO, N.D. — A small group of Catholic nuns dedicated to eliminating the death penalty is working to spare the life of a man convicted of kidnapping and killing a University of North Dakota student.

The Congregation of St. Joseph is an order of about a dozen nuns in Crookston, Minn., which is the hometown of Alfonso Rodriguez Jr.

Rodriguez is on death row at a federal prison for the 2003 killing of Dru Sjodin, of Pequot Lakes, Minn.

Sister Pat Murphy tells KFGO radio she has never talked publicly about the death penalty and realizes her opinion is unpopular, even within her own family.

Murphy has written letters to U.S. District Judge Ralph Erickson, who sentenced Rodriguez to death. Erickson's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Re: WTF is wrong with the Catholic Church?

Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:26 pm

Hard to believe that POS is still breathing..................
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:15 am

When you asked what was wrong with the Catholic Church, I def didn't expect this when I opened this thread. I mean of all the things...

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:29 am

No surprise really.... The Catholic church has defended and protected the pedophile priests for years, so what's the surprise that they defend a killer that defiled a young woman too?
And I 2nd the "why is this guy even breathing"? He should have been executed 10 years ago.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:42 am

Well, the Church's position is more along the lines of: can't save babies the abortion mill if you're going to fry the bad one's in a chair.

http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/human-life-and-dignity/death-penalty-capital-punishment/catholic-campaign-to-end-the-use-of-the-death-penalty.cfm

This is not a defense of the Church's position. Only an answer to the OPs question.

Signed,

A Lutheran that has attained 3rd Degree Sunburn

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:40 am

Fish Felon wrote:As a Catholic who's also a 3rd degree Knight this shit makes me want to puke.

Catholic nuns work to spare life of man who killed University of North Dakota student

Alfonso Rodriguez Jr. during a hearing in Grand Forks, ND, in 2003. Rodriguez, was charged with the kidnapping of Dru Sjodin, a University of North Dakota student.
Alfonso Rodriguez Jr. during a hearing in Grand Forks, ND, in 2003. Rodriguez, was charged with the kidnapping of Dru Sjodin, a University of North Dakota student. — Carlos Gonzalez, Star Tribune
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
February 24, 2015 - 1:40 PM

FARGO, N.D. — A small group of Catholic nuns dedicated to eliminating the death penalty is working to spare the life of a man convicted of kidnapping and killing a University of North Dakota student.

The Congregation of St. Joseph is an order of about a dozen nuns in Crookston, Minn., which is the hometown of Alfonso Rodriguez Jr.

Rodriguez is on death row at a federal prison for the 2003 killing of Dru Sjodin, of Pequot Lakes, Minn.

Sister Pat Murphy tells KFGO radio she has never talked publicly about the death penalty and realizes her opinion is unpopular, even within her own family.

Murphy has written letters to U.S. District Judge Ralph Erickson, who sentenced Rodriguez to death. Erickson's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

What is a 3rd degree knight?

My prison knowledge is based off Orange is the New Black, but aren't rapist/killers supposed to get shived in prison?

cstemig
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:58 am

Sister Murphy is acting upon her strong personal convictions despite the adversity it presents. I wonder how many others of her faith agree with or support her.

I don't agree with her at all, but I do salute her passion for following her heart.

Rodriquez should have been fried and his ashes used as fertilizer....at least he would have given something useful back to society.
" God is great, beer is good, and people are just frickin crazy!."

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:55 pm

Knight=Knights of Columbus

It's some really retarded shit, very, very comical being a member and watching a bunch of senior citizens play cloak and dagger.

When did the church become so goddamn political? JFK?

I love how instead of helping single mothers and supporting them because they chose the more difficult path Catholics would rather protest abortion cinics.

Of all things these nuns should be worried about it's this shit? Why not spend some time helping the families that were abused instead of making a political stance.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:56 pm

You think the church got political with JFK?

Jesus Freakin' Kreist~ grab a history book. The Christians have been political for about 2,000 years. If you include Jewish, Muslim, and any other pre-JC religions your talking eons. Whole political systems are based on religious dogma: it's why the the Middle East is a such a cluster.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:34 pm

lanyard wrote:You think the church got political with JFK?

Jesus Freakin' Kreist~ grab a history book. The Christians have been political for about 2,000 years. If you include Jewish, Muslim, and any other pre-JC religions your talking eons. Whole political systems are based on religious dogma: it's why the the Middle East is a such a cluster.

Really?

Yup, I think the Catholic Church got political with JFK.
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”