Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Hunting opportunity - apply within

Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:20 am

I am considering applicants for the following position - snow goose scout.

My initial thought would be the following: Vehicle, fuel, will be provided. Experience is preferred but not necessary. I will tell you where and when to look and what to look for, etc. When location is scouted and deemed huntable over phone between you and I, I would come to location with equipment.

A good candidate would be someone trustworthy, strong desire to hunt but not currently employed or able to leave work for awhile and willing to spend a week or two alone in desolate locations.

This would be a great opportunity to learn about snow goose hunting, go snow goose hunting with your only cost being your time.

I would also be willing to take on one or two partners to share in costs should the right people want in.

Please PM me for details and we can discuss further, I am open to negotiate terms.

PS - Fish Felon, Trigger, Hnkr, Bullet, Gimp, etc. regarding your "sure to follow" smart ass comments - thank you, but F you!

HnkrCrash
Mergie Marauder

Re: Hunting opportunity - apply within

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:12 am

No hate here. Like me, it sounds like you probably ride a cubical all day. As much as I wish I could f around in areas that are actually huntable, my wife has this need for Starbucks and $200 haircuts by surgically enhanced, dumb as rocks, sushi eating, cosmotolegy chicks which rules out living anywhere decent by my standards.

Finding somebody to do the dirty work makes perfect sense and sounds like good business. May I suggest attempting to recruit high school kids though? Kids in farm country will break their backs for cheap ass Natty Light or other swill and you'll have street cred as their "hookup" when you roll into town, could probably even nail the prom queen if you play your cards right.
"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people."
- Ron Swanson

Goldfish
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:35 am

Where are you planning on sending your minions to?

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:43 am

Pay for smokes and meals?

Team Power Dump
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:25 pm

[quote="HnkrCrash"]No hate here. Like me, it sounds like you probably ride a cubical all day. As much as I wish I could f around in areas that are actually huntable, my wife has this need for Starbucks and $200 haircuts by surgically enhanced, dumb as rocks, sushi eating, cosmotolegy chicks which rules out living anywhere decent by my standards.

quote]

Bull's eye!

The only comfort I have is that there are 1,000's just like you and me. All of us spending the day trying to do as little as possible while looking busy, dicking around on the internet, and daydreaming about when we were cool.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:29 pm

Goldfish wrote:Where are you planning on sending your minions to?

West.

Specifics would be discussed after agreement is made.

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:32 pm

gimpfinger wrote:Pay for smokes and meals?

Team Power Dump

For sure.

What I envision would be an agreed upon fair per diem which could be spent, saved, whatever. But I'm open to discuss all details.
Last edited by Stute Slap on Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quack
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:34 pm

Your car & gas?
Just admired the number of vacation hours I've accumulated and any of the last several springs I could have taken you up on the offer. But the lil lady is popping out our first during prime snow time. Decided it was best to sacrifice a spring vs all other scenarios.

Good luck!

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:43 pm

Quack wrote:Your car & gas?
Just admired the number of vacation hours I've accumulated and any of the last several springs I could have taken you up on the offer. But the lil lady is popping out our first during prime snow time. Decided it was best to sacrifice a spring vs all other scenarios.

Good luck!

Yup my car and gas. Or if you wanted to take your vehicle I would consider paying you mileage and gas - whatever we decide is fair.

This is the offer in a nutshell. My money and equipment for your time.

I will be the first to admit, scouting sucks. You are alone, there is ALOT of down time, and a lot of driving around. I'm looking for minimum 4 day commitment to 2 weeks depending on how much you want to hunt.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:25 pm

Stute Slap wrote:A good candidate would be someone trustworthy, strong desire to hunt but not currently employed or able to leave work for awhile and willing to spend a week or two alone in desolate locations.

Besides the strong desire to hunt part h2ofwlr would fit that description perfectly.

Stute Slap wrote:The only comfort I have is that there are 1,000's just like you and me. All of us spending the day trying to do as little as possible while looking busy, dicking around on the internet, and daydreaming about when we were cool.

Guilty as charged.

No hate from me neither, good luck in your search! It's a great idea If I hadn't already used 10 vacation days for 2015 already I'd be interested in helping you split costs.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”