Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

DNR seeks online public input on proposed deer population

Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:14 am

LIFESTYLE

DNR seeks online public input on proposed deer population goals for large chunks of Minnesota

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
April 02, 2015 - 4:05 AM

ST. PAUL, Minn. — The Department of Natural Resources is seeking public input about proposed deer population goals for large chunks of Minnesota.

The DNR is seeking online feedback from hunters, landowners, farmers, local officials and other interested parties on proposed deer population goals recommended by citizen advisory teams in 40 of Minnesota's 128 deer permit areas. The comment period runs from Thursday through April 15.

Wildlife managers are revisiting deer population goals for five blocks of territory in northeastern, north-central and east-central Minnesota. The process already has included public meetings, questionnaires and written comments, and most recently, the convening of citizen advisory teams.

New goals have already been set for some other parts of Minnesota. The DNR plans to have new goals in place for all deer permit areas before the 2016 season.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Re: DNR seeks online public input on proposed deer populatio

Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:51 am

Not exactly this but I think landowners should be able to get a tag regardless of zone. We're a one deer zone but I see on average 10-15 different does a year on our property.

h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:48 am

If you want to thin them out, invite a few of us suburban hicks to shoot a few for you, ;)
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:26 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:If you want to thin them out, invite a few of us suburban hicks to shoot a few for you, ;)

Impossible. That would require a farmer to do the right thing.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

greatwhitehunter3!
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:05 pm

Trigger wrote:
h2ofwlr wrote:If you want to thin them out, invite a few of us suburban hicks to shoot a few for you, ;)

You're right. There's a lot of people I'd invite before 95% of the people on here.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:34 pm

greatwhitehunter3! wrote:
Trigger wrote:

You're right. There's a lot of people I'd invite before 95% of the people on here.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”