h2ofwlr
The One And Only

Re: Fisherman stabbed to death in confrontation with oth ang

Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:36 am

Stute Slap wrote:Whatever happened there again? Was Fowler sleeping and Trigger set up next to him or something like that? It's crazy that all the places and all the people - trigger and fowler set up on each other......the odds are mind boggling.

No is was not even Trigger, rather it was 2 of his drunken passed out buddies. Trigger was not even close. There never was even a hint of punches would be thrown. Words were exchanged, and that was it.
God, help me be the man that my dog thinks that I am.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:30 pm

Al, everyone knows you don't have the stones to throw a fist.

You guys would really call the authorities over some kids talking smack? Responder: 911, what's your emergency? Some kids that are fishing on the other side of the river are talking trash. Responder: And what's the emergency sir.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:07 pm

If the kids were really that annoying just tell the 911 operator there underage kids in a state park drinking and smoking weed and yelling and causing problems. There would be a cop there less than 5 minutes. Nothing gets Barney Fife frothing at the mouth more than underage kids drinking and smoking weed.

Nershi
Mergie Marauder

Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:36 pm

Or maybe instead of calling Johnny law over some petty nonsense you could just ignore them. Tough talking doesn't usually last too long when it doesn't get a reaction. I'd like to think our cops have more important things to tend to.

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:26 pm

Nershi wrote:Or maybe instead of calling Johnny law over some petty nonsense you could just ignore them. Tough talking doesn't usually last too long when it doesn't get a reaction. I'd like to think our cops have more important things to tend to.

I mean ignore them is what I would have done, but it take a lot to get me worked up and I'm a pussy.

LMAO @ the bolded hahahahaahahahahaha

lanyard
Mergie Marauder

Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:50 pm

Nershi~ I think the point is: if it seems worth going out of your way to straighten them out AFTER the supposed infraction of d-bagness, then a call for disorderly would make sense. If it's dip-shats talking smack for 3 hours, THEN you think you should be the one to police society, you may have disconnected somewhere.

My point was, at this time of year, a place "frequented by families" maybe wasn't so busy, the mary Jane accusation seems to arise after the stop "on the way home".

Not saying junior isn't guilty, but dude's brother/family are likely going to be disappointed in sentencing.

This reminds me more of the WI deer hunting shooting, when one of the guys on the stand broke down and admitted the group didn't exactly ask the shooter to leave.

I think the buddy is going to get to a point that he says the deceased wouldn't let it go.

Not right the guy is dead, but defense, judge and jury may have a hard times buying his need to assist the wayward youth to discover a better way of life got him stabbed.

On the defense side, going to be hard to keep the friends from lieing n stand if in fact they we're smoking weed.... and maybe popping/smoking/snorting/etc. Plenty of " great " kids find themselves in a place of bad judgment and not dealing well with trying to manage a bad combo. Hell, enough cheap booze can do it.

The families of both are screwed, and the three that make up the witness pool end up losing no matter what.

hobbydog
Mergie Marauder

Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:11 pm

32 years old and 5 kids. No problem with that I guess but maybe he should have been home making sure his kids don't turn out to be dope smoking smart asses. Anyone who has had kids knows that getting 5 kids off to bed is a lot of work. You made a choice to have them you should be home helping out, not fishing all day and into the night with your buddy. His wife is probably used to raising them by herself. I do feel sorry for her and the kids.

I am sure there are lots more facts to come out including toxicology tests on all involved. If I were a defense lawyer, I would take this case on for free.

gimpfinger
Mergie Marauder

Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:50 pm

Who here thinks the kids were the ones talking chit for three hours without someone else keeping it going. Hell I'm even starting to doubt they started it.

Team Power Dump
Last edited by gimpfinger on Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hate hate hate hate hate hate

Drunk_Dynasty
Mergie Marauder

Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:30 am

lanyard wrote:
This reminds me more of the WI deer hunting shooting, when one of the guys on the stand broke down and admitted the group didn't exactly ask the shooter to leave.

A prime example of some shit just not being worth it.

If those dudes didn't roll up on 4 wheelers to talk shit, that whole situation would have been avoided.

Not defending Chai Vang, just pointing out that the insanity of some humans isn't worth dealing if it doesn't need to be.

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

biased media reporting

Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:18 am

EAST METRO

Minnesota man charged with killing St. Croix River angler to appear in court

By CHAO XIONG , STAR TRIBUNE
April 22, 2015 - 6:08 AM

Levi C. Acre-Kendall is charged with killing Peter S. Kelly last week on the banks of the St. Croix River.

A Cambridge, Minn. man charged with fatally stabbing a Wisconsin father of five after a dispute between St. Croix River fishermen is scheduled to appear in court Wednesday morning.

Levi C. Acre-Kendall, 19, has a preliminary hearing in Polk County Wisconsin at 9:30 a.m. He was charged April 17 with first-degree reckless homicide in the April 14 death of Peter S. Kelly.

It’s the second court appearance for Acre-Kendall, who made a first appearance last week in Polk County Circuit Court, where bail was set at $125,000.

Authorities allege that Acre-Kendall and two friends were fishing on the Wisconsin side of the St. Croix River in Interstate Park while Kelly, 34, and his friend were fishing on the Minnesota side when a running, three-hour dispute erupted between the groups.

Neither authorities nor the criminal complaint say exactly how it began and what was said, but Kelly’s brother, Michael Kelly, who was not there, has said that Acre-Kendall’s group was yelling slurs and profanities.

On their way home, Kelly and his friend confronted the younger men about 9:45 p.m. Kelly’s friend, Ross Lechman, told authorities that Acre-Kendall and Kelly argued, and then Kelly was stabbed.

Acre-Kendall’s friends, ages 17 and 19, told authorities that Kelly attempted to pull Acre-Kendall out of a car window as the younger men tried to flee, and that Kelly was subsequently stabbed, the complaint said.

The younger men fled, but Acre-Kendall’s friends later went to a Minnesota attorney and agreed to cooperate. Acre-Kendall turned himself into Wisconsin authorities on April 16.

Polk County District Attorney Dan Steffen has said that Acre-Kendall’s friends are being treated as witnesses instead of suspects at this time.

Chao Xiong • 612-270-4708

Twitter: @ChaoStrib
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”