Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Re: Fisherman stabbed to death in confrontation with oth ang

Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:58 am

IF the younger guy was being pulled out of the window, is there a self defense claim?

If I had to bet, I would say he was being pulled out of the window. It's possible, but I highly doubt the 19 year old and the guy were just talking and out of nowhere pulled a knife and stabbed him.

get-n-birdy
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:53 am

If I was the prosecution on this case, I'd staple the victims brothers lips shut. He's an absolute idiot! He's doing nothing but a disservice to his dead brother by speaking out and just fueling a great self defense plea for the defense. There's way more to this story than just a " good guy" getting viciously murdered for no apparent reason. Someone else said it here and I totally agree, if I was a lawyer, this would be a fun case to take on for free.
DENNIS ANDERSON, Then, about five years ago, in 2020, there were no more ducks in the state,

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:03 pm

h2ofwlr wrote:
Stute Slap wrote:Whatever happened there again? Was Fowler sleeping and Trigger set up next to him or something like that? It's crazy that all the places and all the people - trigger and fowler set up on each other......the odds are mind boggling.

Trigger was not even close. .

I guess "close" depends on the situation. If we were eating dinner together and were 75 yards apart, I would have been considered "not even close". But when you arrive at a duck slough and attempt to set up 75 yards away from someone who is already there- and close enough to hear every word you say- I would consider that as being close. Don't try to get out of the fact that you are unethical on public marshes. I know the truth.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Trigger
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:07 pm

Stute Slap wrote:IF the younger guy was being pulled out of the window, is there a self defense claim?

If I had to bet, I would say he was being pulled out of the window. It's possible, but I highly doubt the 19 year old and the guy were just talking and out of nowhere pulled a knife and stabbed him.

Just the fact that the guy got in his car and drove over a river to confront these kids should give a a good reasoning for self defense. That guy was messed up to allow some stoned teenagers to piss him off that bad.
"When we have as many hot button issues going on as we do at any given time, we must use a science based approach to management. It is not always the most popular, but is the only way way we can defend ourselves." Tom Landwehr, September 2013

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:08 pm

Stute Slap wrote:It's possible, but I highly doubt the 19 year old and the guy were just talking and out of nowhere pulled a knife and stabbed him.

Of course that's what happened, just like they went to talk to the kids to be like,

"Hey guys, not everyone is nice and laid back like us. Eventually you're going to say that to the wrong person and get yourself in trouble, so please think twice next time and behave better in public, Mmm'kay."

And then the kid stabbed him right in the phucking heart!!!!

What a bunch of B.S. I hope that if the friend testifies to that there's enough forensic evidence to pinch him on perjury. What an asshole. Hopefully his conscience eats at him enough to come clean about what happened so the state doesn't waste a bunch of money trying to get this kid behind bars.

The sad thing is the kids fled the scene and probably washed the blood off the car. Had they stuck around the forensics would have exonerated them, a la the Michael Brown case.
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Fish Felon
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:48 pm

EAST METRO

Minnesota man charged with killing St. Croix River angler was pushed to the ground before stabbing

http://m.startribune.com/local/300945381.html
Levi Acre-Kendall looked back toward the court as he made his way out of the Polk County Justice Center courtroom, Wednesday, April 22, 2015 in Balsam Lake, WI.
Photo Gallery - Hearing on St. Croix stabbing
By CHAO XIONG , STAR TRIBUNE
April 22, 2015 - 1:17 PM

Levi C. Acre-Kendall acted in self-defense when he stabbed Peter S. Kelly last week on the banks of the St. Croix River, his attorney argued in court.

BALSAM LAKE, WIS. — A Minnesota man charged with fatally stabbing a Wisconsin angler after a dispute between fishermen along the St. Croix River last week was pushed to the ground moments before the killing, a sheriff’s investigator testified Wednesday.

Details of the confrontation that led to the stabbing were disclosed at a preliminary hearing in Polk County Circuit Court for Levi C. Acre-Kendall, 19, who was charged last week with first-degree reckless homicide in the April 14 death of Peter S. Kelly.

Authorities have alleged that Acre-Kendall, of Cambridge, and two friends were fishing on the Wisconsin side of the St. Croix River in Interstate Park while Kelly, 34, and his friend were fishing on the Minnesota side when a running, three-hour dispute erupted between the groups.

Neither authorities nor the criminal complaint filed last week said exactly how it began and what was said, but Kelly’s brother, Michael Kelly, who was not there, has said that Acre-Kendall’s group was yelling slurs and profanities.

On their way home, Kelly and his friend confronted the younger men about 9:45 p.m. Kelly’s friend, Ross Lechman, told authorities that Acre-Kendall and Kelly argued, and then Kelly was stabbed.

Acre-Kendall’s friends, ages 17 and 19, told authorities that Kelly attempted to pull Acre-Kendall out of a car as the younger men tried to flee, and that Kelly was subsequently stabbed, the complaint said.

The younger men fled, but Acre-Kendall’s friends later went to a Minnesota attorney and agreed to cooperate. Acre-Kendall turned himself into Wisconsin authorities on April 16.

At Wednesday’s hearing, Polk County sheriff’s investigator Rick Gearhart gave the following account of the fatal confrontation, as told to him by Lechman:

Gearhart said that three hours into the running verbal dispute, Kelly and Lechman drove to the Wisconsin side of the river. After they got there, Acre-Kendall came up to Lechman. The two were inches apart when Lechman pushed Acre-Kendall to the ground.

Both men fell, then got back up, Gearhart said. Lechman told authorities that Kelly verbally confronted Acre-Kendall again, and was eventually stabbed.

Polk County District Attorney Dan Steffen argued in court that there was probable cause to proceed with prosecution of the case. Acre-Kendall’s attorney, Eric Nelson, said there wasn’t because Acre-Kendall acted in self-defense.

The judge ruled in Steffen’s favor.

Wednesday’s court appearance is the second for Acre-Kendall, who made a first appearance last week in Polk County Circuit Court, where bail was set at $125,000.

Chao Xiong • 612-270-4708

Twitter: @ChaoStrib
Hate Speech is Free Speech
"Ogaa-Gichi-Manidoo"

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:49 pm

I appreciated your usage of the phrase "mmmmm,kay"

Stute Slap
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:56 pm

Sounds like the truth is presenting itself little by little.

maplelakeduckslayer
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:29 pm

Was eventually stabbed. So what happened during the time in between...this kid had two grown men coming after him he was probably scared shtless. This is self defense all the way, but right away the media had to portray the story of a coach and father of five children that did tons for the community and was brutally murdered in cold blood. Its not really looking that way.

9manfan
Mergie Marauder

Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:11 pm

maplelakeduckslayer wrote: but right away the media had to portray the story of a coach and father of five children that did tons for the community and was brutally murdered in cold blood. Its not really looking that way.

Kind of how they made Micheal Brown look like this big Teddy Bear.................
This crowd has gone deadly silent... Cinderella story, out of nowhere, former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters Championship. It looks like a mirac- It's in the hole! It's in the hole!~ Carl Spackler

Return to “MNFOWL's Misguided Children”